Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
sloopdog 1

Signal boost switch/slide rod end seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Glad you found us and decided to join the group. Hopefully, we will be able to answer most of your questions - just keep them simple.
I like simple.Complex is a pita.
Firstly-Where might I find the signal boost switch for the tv antenna? It's not in a real obvious place.I have searched for it in the area where the tv is located, but no luck.Are those things options?

Can the hydraulic cylinder (for the slides) rod end seals be purchased as a separate item?I had the camper delivered to my home (long story) and it would take a quart of hydraulic oil just to run the slides in OR out due to a pitted rod on the third slide.I was able to replace the rod with a stainless part, but I can't find the seals locally.It doesn't leak now, but I would like to be ready if it does.

(Originally posted in New Member Check In)
sloopdog 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
campingcpl

I can't help you to much with the seal issue other then maybe trying a local automotive shop that deals in hydralics. As for the booster, mine is located in the bedroom where the tv hook-ups are. They are usually located in the same outlet as your cable connection. So I would check all of your rooms where there might be a cable connection. There should be a small black button and a light (normally it's a green light) indicating it's on. I hope this helps.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
sloopdog 1

Already tried the local hydraulic supplier.They are fairly big and knowledgeable.They suggested the seals were made for this application and nothing else.Lippert (the cylinder source) will only replace the entire cylinder, not just the seal.I was hoping someone here knew of a source of those hard to get factory parts.It's still under warranty, but I don't want to pull it 50 miles and wait who knows how long.I am thinking about making new rods for the other two cylinders and replacing them this winter,instead of waiting for them to start leaking.The hard chrome plating on those two rods is starting to flake off,just not as bad as the first one (yet).I think because it was exposed to the weather more than the other two is why it went bad so soon.It's been sitting on dealer lots from Alabama to South Carolina to North Carolina for two years,probably with the slides OUT all of the time.
Still it's a nice camper.
Thanks,
Dale.
sloopdog 1 is offline   Reply With Quote