Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
28Bunkhouse

Question Galley drain location 281BHSSRWE Springdale

I have just purchased the above trailer and used it once, I drained the black and grey water tanks but the level indicator says the galley is 1/3 full? Is there a separate drain for this? and where would it be located? Thanks in advance for any help.
28Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
GMcKenzie

Looking at the floorplan and specs, you don't have a galley tank.

http://keystone-springdale.com/index...SRWE&year=2012

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
GMcKenzie

And I see that is of no help as looking at my floorplan and specs, I wouldn't have one either and I know I do.

http://keystone-cougar.com/index.php...&model=30RKSWE

Best guess is your black and grey are at the back of your slideout and your galley is in front of the slideout. Mine are the reverse with only the galley at the back and the black and grey in the front.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Knowing the high level of camping experience that goes into the design of these things. It would not surprise me if the handle for the galley valve is on the curb side of the trailer near the stars.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
28Bunkhouse

Galley drain location

Ok thanks guys, I will check there, I am not at the trailers location but will check it out. The tank level indicators says it is 1/3 full and the dealer was supposedly going to show the drain to me but he forgot to when I took delivery.
Thanks again
Old 08-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
Bob Landry

The specs say 64 gal for grey water, one for the galley and one for the bathroom shower and sink. That will be two tanks and a black tank makes three. You will have three dump valves and they will all be in close proximity to each other and on the street side. Keystone is noted for doing some strange things, but I think that by now, they have figured out where to put the valves. Now, if they are labled correctly is a different matter, but that's not too difficult to sort out.

You will have a drain for the fresh water tank as well as low-point drains for the hot & cold fresh water lines. These will be 1/2" tubing coming out of the bottom of the trailer with white plastic screw-on caps. The only drains for the grey and waste tanks are going to be the dump valves. You may actually have to look up under the trailer to see one of them. They hid one on my Outback.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Phil/Shirl805

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Bunkhouse View Post
I have just purchased the above trailer and used it once, I drained the black and grey water tanks but the level indicator says the galley is 1/3 full? Is there a separate drain for this? and where would it be located? Thanks in advance for any help.
Bunkhouse, we also had the same problem with our 2011 Montana High Crounty. Found third dump handle under living room slide. Hope this helps.
Phil/Shirl805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
Outbackmel

Bob, you are soooo correct

I was sooooo frustrated 10 months ago finding the black release. I could not locate it after easily findling gray water and galley. I thought something was jamming the flow of the system. Finally someone told me there had to be 3 levers....HUH? Yep; had to really crawl under there and follow the piping. There "discretly" hidden; a black handle; recessed above a black pipe; found the lever....pulled it; felt great

Old TT only had 2 levers.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
hankaye

28Bunkhouse, Howdy;

Gettin in late , but I'm goin' to go with Bob Landry on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
The specs say 64 gal for grey water, one for the galley and one for the bathroom shower and sink. That will be two tanks and a black tank makes three. You will have three dump valves and they will all be in close proximity to each other and on the street side. Keystone is noted for doing some strange things, but I think that by now, they have figured out where to put the valves. Now, if they are labled correctly is a different matter, but that's not too difficult to sort out.

You will have a drain for the fresh water tank as well as low-point drains for the hot & cold fresh water lines. These will be 1/2" tubing coming out of the bottom of the trailer with white plastic screw-on caps. The only drains for the grey and waste tanks are going to be the dump valves. You may actually have to look up under the trailer to see one of them. They hid one on my Outback.
Get under it at the waste drain pipe and follow it/ them back. Have a freind run some water in the shower and the kitchen (NOT at the same time), and maybe you can here the water running. Look in the back of the cabinet spaces to see where the pluming runs are. If nothing else you will become that much more familure with you trailer (always helpful should you get a leak or anything else goes wrong).

Happy Hunting...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
28Bunkhouse

Question Galley drain location

I have located the black water drain and one grey water drain at the rear past the slide out on the road side of the trailer. Our trailer is closed in on the bottom so it is difficult to follow the plumbing, guess I'll have to crawl around and see if I can find a third handle somewhere. The two drains I have located use the same type of hose connection, is it possible the galley is smaller?
Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #11
Outbackmel

Galley Drain

Yes. Highly possible. On mine the pipe is 1/2 or less the size of black and shower drain. It is located almost directly across from the galley area. Would not think you would have to pull any under belly cover.... follow the yellow brick road....follow the yellow brick road....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
hankpage
Site Team

If you have two drain connections. (need two sewer hoses) One gray dumps with the black water. (Two separate handles) The other connection is usually just the galley. Although the same size connection the pipe to it is smaller. Follow that pipe to the general area of the third valve handle. The hose connection is on the road side but the valve handle could be under the galley.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
hankaye

28Bunkhouse, Howdy;

When you said;

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Bunkhouse View Post
I have located the black water drain and one grey water drain at the rear past the slide out on the road side of the trailer. Our trailer is closed in on the bottom so it is difficult to follow the plumbing, guess I'll have to crawl around and see if I can find a third handle somewhere. The two drains I have located use the same type of hose connection, is it possible the galley is smaller?
Thanks again.
Were you saying that the 2 drains are close to each other or are they seperated?
I don't think they are allowed to hook a black and gray togather withOut having a valve for each. That said I' think they are allowed to mix the contents of 2 gray tanks. Personnaly I wouldn't ... but ya never know what the smart folks will do next.

Looking at the link for the floor plan

http://keystone-springdale.com/index...SRWE&year=2012

If you have a split system (2 drains), then the forward one is (should be), your kitchen drain the PVC pipe is normaly 1 1/2" . I'd look near the front of the slide.
The rear drain should (keepin' fingers crossed here), have 2 pull handles (1 for gray and 1 for black tank). Thinkin' (I know lookin' for trouble when I do), that the rear pull handle would be the black ...

Only my thoughts ... you mileage may vary

hankaye

T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Bob Landry

I really can't believe that Keystone or any other builder would put more than one drain on a trailer since there is one sewer hookup per campsite. To think that you would have to switch hoses and connections to drain three separate tanks is just a little over the top. If there are three tanks, they each have a dump handle , for lack of a better term, are all connected to a single pipe which goes to a single sewer connection. If anyone has anything different, you really need to post a photo of it. Sorry.. "My brother-in-law's cousin's trailer had one" isn't going to get it. All of the what-ifs and I thinks have really turned this thread into a circus..
Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
hankpage
Site Team

Bob, Yes some trailer manufacturers have done this in the past. Two hoses run to a wye and then one to the sewer. (Camco™ 3" Sewer Hose Wye #39272) If the tanks are far enough away it is hard to maintain pitch for drainage and ground and axle clearance. Not the best design but they are out there.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #16
hankaye

Bob Landry, Howdy;

Wish you'd have asked for pix 3 days ago ... had one parked 2 sites down from me and would have gladly snapped a pic for ya. It was an older one, but they still make them. That's why Camco makes that wye fitting that "the Other Hank" put the link on here for...

Might want to 'look around' when you're strollin thru the Park next time. There be quite a few of'em out there...

By the way when did ya move to Texas from Moussiouri?

hankaye

Old 08-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #17
Bob Landry

I walk through and look and everyone's rig where ever I go and have never seen it, but if you say they are out there, OK, I'll take your word.

Where is Moussiouri? Is that some town in France?
Old 08-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #18
hankaye

Bob Landry, Howdy;

After all the first Europeans to settel there were French

hankaye

Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #19
BUDMAN76

Cougar 26brs grey water tank 2

Been looking for the dump valve for tank two for over a week now. Going to try one more time. Called keystone and there no help at all! This will be my last keystone camper.
Have have the belly pan off and still can not find? Can anyone help!!!
BUDMAN76 is offline   Reply With Quote