Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2022, 01:31 PM   #1
FrayedBullet

New Members-Antenna Question

We’re new to the forum! We have a Bullet Premier UltraLight 22PBRB that is stationary for the moment. We are wondering if it’s possible to hook up the over-the-air antenna from the house, that works great, to the tv in the rv. The difference in reception between the house and rv is very noticeable. We have the booster in the on position.

Thanks, this a great place to learn things!!
FrayedBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 01:37 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Yes, just connect it to your cable or sat connection. Should work fine as long as you have everything connected properly inside. We do it all the time with the RV at the house.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:14 PM   #3
FrayedBullet

Hmmm, we’ve tried that. Should we then be sure to turn booster off?
FrayedBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #4
bsmith0404

Try that. If you have satellite and cable connections, you need to make sure which one you’re connected too. They’re separate inside and out. Make sure you have the TV set up properly as well for the different input.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:06 PM   #5
dutchmensport

Yes, you can use the antenna at your house. If you have a booster in the house, you might not need to use the one in the trailer. If you do not have one in the house, you might want to use the one in the trailer. And then, it might work just fine with no booster. Just experiment. But it will work.

We live in our camper when parked at home, pretty much year round. We live the country and gave up on Dish TV and Direct TV years ago because they kept jacking up prices and it got just ridiculous. So we simply went back to over-the-air television. Then we realized we had a Roku television with internet access and ... wow! Who needs cable or satellite television any more!

Meanwhile, parking the camper in the drive way, using the antenna in the camper with the booster in, actually works better than the system in the house. I have each room "plumbed" with coax cable from a splitter off the antenna. I disconnect the lines feeding to the rooms that do not currently have a television, and if we place a television in one of those room, I can reattach that coax line back to the splitter.

At the end of each line, I have power boosters. I find it interesting that one room will pick up one station and another room will not. I suppose it's the quality of the television itself, or the booster. I've never figured it out.

But in the camper, (not connected to the house), we get everything, including stations we don't get on any of the televisions in the house. The camper works much, much better than anything in the house. That is another reason why we spend so much time in the camper, in the driveway, at home. We have more television options.

Anyway, you'll just need to experiment what works best. But after all this rambling, the simple answer is, "Yes" you can connect to your house antenna.

Good luck and enjoy! Happy drive way camping! It really is great! No noisy loud neighbors all hours of the night, no outside lights left on, no kids running through your camp site, no dogs barking (unless they are your own), and all the solitude and privacy one can hope for! (at least, ours is!)

Tags
antenna, new member