Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2021, 11:09 AM   #1
Tops Mobile CP

Passport ROV 173 RBRV - No power to 12V Outlets

Hello to all - Everything was working inside the RV at home with new battery. We went camping, hooked up to shore power the whole time. Get home and I have interior lights, but no AC or 12V power in outlets. I connected to shore power at home and reset the GFCI breaker - all OK. As soon as I disconnect from the house, the power is cut off. I've read online about 12V re-set switches. I don't have one on the little box near the battery where the red lines connect and black to frame. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Tops Mobile CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

12 volt outlets? Do you mean the 120 VAC outlets that are the same as in your house? If you do mean them, they are not powered except when you're connected to shore power.

On some (not all) trailers with an "Off The Grid" (OTG) package, a "select few outlets are powered by an inverter that changes 12 volt battery power to "120 VAC power". Not all trailers have that feature, so yours may not. Using those outlets when on battery power will completely discharge a "typical dealer installed battery" in a very short time.

Typically, it's safe to say that when connected to shore power, the 120 VAC outlets work and when you're "running on battery power" none of them will work.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlets, passport, power