Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2019, 05:34 AM   #1
gbjax95

Furnace will not ignite

I have a 2019 keystone outback 328rl and have been running our heat working until last night Now heat will not come on. The blower comes on but the ignitor doesnt click. After about 30 seconds the blower turns off. I have cycled the thermostat astill the same I have propane going to the stove and oven. Already checked the batter voltage and propane tanks were just filled. Any suggestions...thanks
gbjax95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:49 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjax95 View Post
I have a 2019 keystone outback 328rl and have been running our heat working until last night Now heat will not come on. The blower comes on but the ignitor doesnt click. After about 30 seconds the blower turns off. I have cycled the thermostat astill the same I have propane going to the stove and oven. Already checked the batter voltage and propane tanks were just filled. Any suggestions...thanks
Propane tanks just filled? Does this correlate with the problem? If it does 2 things come to mind right away. Did you run the stovetop long enough to "purge" any air from the line (all burners burning bright blue at the same time)?

How rapidly did you open the tank valves? If you open them rapidly then the safety shut off valve in the tank "sees" that a a leak and shuts down the flow. The remedy in that case is to close the valves, remove the hoses, reconnect and very slowly open the valves.

If neither of those issues are present then post back and we can offer further diagnosis procedures.

Just registered about not hearing the ignitor "click". If the batter voltage is good, over 12.5 volts, and you don't hear the "clicking" of the igniter then it could be a failed sail switch, a failed control board, or a loose/detached wire.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Unfortunately there is a number of things that have to happen BEFORE the furnace will light.

Limit switch has to Say it isn't "overheated" then the sail switch has to say there is enough airflow, then the control board will tell the gas valve to open and spark. Have you tried standing outside and smelling for propane? during the attempt?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
ChuckS

Conditions that need to be met for furnace to ignite aren’t being met... ie sail switch continuity, limit switch continuity, and after 3 sequences of fan running and no furnace light off u it goes to lock out mode

As a suggestion...may not do a darn thing but won’t hurt either...
... turn thermostat off
... go outside at furnace exhaust port and wrap on that a few times with your hand or a small rubber hammer. Don’t beat to death just a few wraps

If sail switch is stuck this may free the switch . Now go inside and set thermostat to furnace mode and go outside and listen for DSI making a popping sound and see if it will now light off

If you don’t hear igniter popping by listening outside then you’ve either got to have skill set to remove furnace and fix yourself or pay someone that can.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
jlonginav

I had a similar issue on my 2018 Cougar 367FLS in May. I pulled off access panel to the heater. Removed exhaust pipe and expose control board. Control board has two wires connected. At the advice of my local RV tech I unplugged both wire and waiting 30 seconds. I plugged them back in and this basically rebooted the control board. Reinstalled exhaust pipe(it would not ignite without exhaust pipe in place). All worked good after that.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:04 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

OP, any update on your issue? Inquiring minds want/need to know.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace