Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 03:43 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
BTW: As OP, my intent wasn't to get political. No one cares what my politics are and I am pretty sure the reverse is true. What i do care about is how this turmoil affects my camping. We are taking off for most of the week later this month and decided to head over to a favorite spot not far from where we live at a campground in Bandera partly due to not wanting to go through any big towns until this dies down. We also are using a new dog sitter for the first time and want to be close enough to get home in a hurry.

Park is called Soliel du'Coeur: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/re...ducoeur-251678

All pics on the campgroundreviews site are mine from 2018 when we stayed there last. Pretty sure there won't be any riots in Bandera... btw: all the restaurants are now open again for dine-in eating!

I think from what we are seeing it is pretty obvious which cities, and types of cities, to stay away from. The affected city governments seem willing to "let the city burn" but hopefully the state will step in and squash this lawlessness.

You are going to Bandera and that's a good choice....unless you run into "that outlier" (and friends) that wants to make a statement so be aware and prepared - but in Bandera I doubt you would have to take care of the issue yourself if it arose.

I'm thinking until this is controlled (hopefully quickly) I'll just stay to my usual, out of the way, haunts and not put myself into a place where something weird could happen and place me and DW into a possible "situation". That would include travel, eating out, grocery store etc. in questionable places. Obviously after dark is a no no and we can probably assess by now what would be a "hot zone".

DD will be returning to FL from CO in a couple of days. She is driving from CO thru NM to Lubbock, TX then to Dallas to see DS then catch a plane. She likes to drive late. I told her she needs to be shut down by 5pm in a hotel (in a safe place); gas up at large facilities with lots of people; avoid any "inner city" areas; and be ever aware and vigilant of anything/everything happening around you....and far in advance; watch the news and make sure nothing crazy is happening in the place she is about to go to. And more importantly, I told her to keep that "assurance" I gave her close.

The conversation of lawlessness and violence and how we feel about it isn't particularly political unless one makes it that way. It's about right, wrong and those that follow one path or the other - and in this case, as you asked, how those current actions affect us as RVers. I hope this is controlled quickly and all of us can continue on with our summer plans. Covid seems to be dying down as they said it would initially so I hope everyone can have a great summer....and enjoy Bandera George!! We like it there but seem to always get short stopped at Kerrville and Hunt (lots of folks I know there).
Old 06-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #22
Sarge2

As a "not yet retired" cop, what happened in Minneapolis should never have happened... black eye to anyone in law enforcement... that being said, the death of Mr. Floyd is NOT a reason to burn down cities, loot and harm or kill anyone else. The officers are being dealt with, charged or fired. None of this will bring him back... ALL LIVES MATTER... the "peaceful protests" are not the issue, it's the radicals that mostly come out after dark so they won't be seen only to burn and loot businesses that had zero to do with the death of Mr. Floyd. Cities that are not even close to Minneapolis... Why? Why to people who do not have a thing to do with it...NOTHING..
I could go on and on but no matter what rational reasonable people say the media continues to fuel the fire.... they encourage it... it's disgusting to say the least... the whole thing...
Sarge...
Old 06-01-2020, 07:16 PM   #23
roadglide

Az is locked down just west of me change of plans going north Colorado seems to be on track to get some of my Stimulating money .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #24
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
Az is locked down just west of me change of plans going north Colorado seems to be on track to get some of my Stimulating money .
Huh? AZ isn't locked down at all, except for a temporary 8 PM "riot" curfew (why the governor curfewed the entire state for a local Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe "problem" I don't really understand)...
Old 06-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #25
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
Cities that are not even close to Minneapolis... Why? Why to people who do not have a thing to do with it...NOTHING..
The voices in my head explained it to me...
Old 06-01-2020, 09:15 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

All, the OP was interested in the effects of this phenomenon on RV travel. I, like everyone else, have very intense feelings about what is going on as I know most do. I don't think it's the purpose of the forum, about RVs, to become a venting place about the failures of society. When we venture down the path of these discussions it is easy, VERY easy, to just go down "that path" and get into the weeds about all the craziness. Let's don't go there...….I'm still wondering if I can tow the RV through Austin on I35 with the crazies... There may be other places folks need to know about as well.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:19 PM   #27
Huntme

I get all the information I need,because my brother and sister live near there,it is a shame that the Twin Cities that I spent 12 years of my life living in,turned into a Battle field,these looters,muggers,rapist,thugs,and low lifes,are laying waste to my city.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:26 PM   #28
Huntme

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
You might want to re-read your post... sounds like the brother, sister and niece are "thugs"? Actually had been to Minneapolis a couple times when I worked for an Austin tech company helping with training our product at a local software manufacturer and thought it was a great place except they had that white stuff on the ground.... brrrrrrrrr Not sure I liked the white stuff (my momma taught me not to say four letter words).
no,my brother carrys his 357 every where,because of these thugs,muggers,burners of buildings,and thieves,who believe they deserve free stuff,are turning the Twin Cities into a war zone.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:25 AM   #29
notanlines

I thought about where this thread was going, and the intense feeling towards the looters. I thought maybe I better just not go where some of the previous statements are tolerated.
But then I came across this statement from a poster on Reddit.com and I believe it sheds just a little light, and in a lighthearted manner, on how this whole mess started, and the direction we need to go in this United States.

"I don’t think they pay police enough. And you get what you pay for. Here’s the thing, man. Whenever the cops gun down an innocent black man, they always say the same thing. “Well, it’s not most cops. It’s just a few bad apples. It’s just a few bad apples.” Bad apple? That’s a lovely name for murderer. That almost sounds nice. I’ve had a bad apple. It was tart, but it didn’t choke me out. Here’s the thing. I know being a cop is hard. I know that it’s dangerous. I know it is, okay? But some jobs can’t have bad apples. Some jobs, everybody's gotta be good. Like … pilots. Ya know, American Airlines can’t be like, “Most of our pilots like to land. We just got a few bad apples that like to crash into mountains. Please bear with us.” “
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
Old 06-02-2020, 03:50 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

The last 9 posts have not discussed anything related to RVing (or Keystone RVing) and this thread is essentially as "explosive" as many cities across our country. Rather than allow the thread to "burn" or be "looted" creating not only frustration but some hard feelings, I'm closing the thread.

The events occurring throughout our nation are NOT RV related, at least not in the sense of allowing constructive discussions on an internet site with people most have never met...

So, before any more is said that is not RV related, thread closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread