Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
Thomasbeau

Shower Door handle very loose

Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie to Keystone but a lifelong camper, this is our fifth RV. We have a new 2018 299RLDS Hideout 5th wheel and we love it. The one issue we have is that on the triple shower doors there is a loose rivet that goes through the glass door to hold the handle secure on the right side door. The handle doesn't fall off but it's very wiggly (technical term).

My dealer is an hour away from me and their hours make it difficult to get the RV there without taking time off from work. Any suggestions on fixing it myself? I'm concerned about breaking the glass so I haven't made any attempts at drilling out the old rivet. Even if I did, I'm not sure about putting a new rivet in with breakage of the glass panel. I have read some folks use RV Goop or Gorilla glue but that sounds like a temporary fix. Any Suggestions? I have worked in mechanics and maintenance for 30 years so I am not afraid to tackle a repair.

Thanks in advance,
2015 F350 SD Lariat Platinum Crew Cab, 6.7 Diesel
Thomasbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
travelin texans

Check with your local glass shop.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
Thomasbeau

Update: Fixed

So this weekend I decided to tear the handle apart. On investigation I discovered the handle wasn’t held with a pin but a stainless steel set screw. I was able to back out the screw and remove the handle. Once the handle was off I pressed the two sides of the handle closer together to align the screw holes on both sides. Once aligned I slide the handle back onto the door and tightened the set screw. It’s prefect now. Just like new, no dealer trip and no glass shop. I guess we have been lucky because that’s the only issue we have yet to discover in the new Hideout.
2015 F350 SD Lariat Platinum Crew Cab, 6.7 Diesel
Thomasbeau is offline   Reply With Quote