Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
DocData757

Converter location

Does anyone know exactly where the converter is located in a 2011 Alpine?

I have been having rapid, frequent light dimming as well as heater fan motor speed changes. If I disconnect the battery during these events (which are getting more and more frequent) nothing changes. However, with the battery connected if I kill the power to the converter, everything goes back to a steady state.

I wanted t get the model number of my converter and cannot find it behind the walls in the cargo bay.

Thanks
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

On most trailers it is in or under the power center (circuit breakers & fuse panel) Open door and remove inner face plate. Be safe disconnect from shore power.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
geo

Dave -

The converter is behind the furnace when viewed from the storage area. I have a picture I can probably post if needed. No, it is not conveniently located! You have to lean over the furnace to get to it. Removing the circuit breaker box will allow you to see it but not get to it. You might remember on one of my posts last year I mentioned that I had to rearrange my furnace ducts as one was blocking the cooling fan of the converter.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
X-Treme

Dave,
In my 3500RE, it's behind the dummy panel down to the left of the sinks. There's 2 screws that hold this panel on. It would be directly behind the electrical panel.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
DocData757

I found it. As far as I can tell, the brought in the chassis, put on the flooring, installed the converter and then assembled the camper!

OMG, it is in a smal compartment, in front of the open area where the circuit breaker panel is located. It is directly below the pantry cabinet. I can hardly even see it without a mirror!

From what I see, I can get to it through the cargo bay behind the walls but will have remove the ducting as well as one of the drain pipes that run across this area just behind the wall. Even so, it is still going to be difficult to get to!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
sandy43

On my Alpine, which is a little different from what you folks describe. It's under the stairs that go to the bedroom. It's easy to get to once you remove the big partition in the storage area. I can also get to it by removing one of the stair vents (for furnace), but it won't fit through the hole. Theirs no rime nor reason how they put those things together.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
DocData757

A friend of mine has the same year Alpine as me and we forever surprised in the differences! I guess I just got 'lucky' on the converter. What a pain in the butt this is going to be if I have to replace it! I will probably mount it out by the Vac unit if I replace it.