Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
matstam13

electric fireplace model BLT-999A-2

the fireplace works great until its turned on high. any ideas other than the heating element being bad? if it is the heating element how difficult is it to replace the element.
matstam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If the owners manual I found online is correct, there is a thermal cutout device in the heating circuit. You may be overheating the fireplace on high and it is doing what it is designed to do. I'd take it apart (within reason) and make sure there is no packing material, carpet, or other "trash" obstructing the airflow. If it works on low and medium settings and stops working on high, it's probably not the heating element since half of the element is used on low, then both halves of the elements are used on high. I'd bet the thermostat/safety cutout is not working properly if there's nothing blocking airflow.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
mikell

The combination remote and then the manual switches can be a problem too. Somebody changed ours and it took a while to sort it out
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
matstam13

I have to pull the wood off to get to the screws so i can pull the unit out to look at it. I would have to agree with you that the heating element would still be good if it works on low. i was only going off what the repair man tols me it could be. when i use the toggle switches it works great, its when i use the remote and set it on high with the toggle switches in the off position. you see the coil get red and then it trips.
matstam13 is offline   Reply With Quote