Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
rnkburg

Water pump winterization help

Ok, not dumb here but winterizing. No big deal. Drain heater, drain tank, drain excess in lines, screw hose to winterization port, flip switch to winterize that by passes water heater. Turn on pump. Works great first time. Remember i forgot outside shower. Go back out with antifreeze and try again. Now it won't suck it up. To top that off now water pump won't come on. Fuses and breakers are.good. its a 2012 300mp raptor.

Everything I touch is a problem on this it seems. Did I make a bad decision or something, never had these little issues.before on other units, bought new to avoid them. Yeah that didn't work.

Any help would be great I am at the end if the rope here with this issue

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
SteveC7010

If you fully winterized the trailer, did you shut off the battery in some way? Unplug the shore line? If the pump does not get 12 vdc from the battery or convertor, it can't run.

When my Cougar goes into storage, the absolute last thing I do is shut down the battery switch and pull both batteries to keep them from long hard freezes. The get stored in the basement here.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
rnkburg

No I have not made it that far. Trailer is plugged in , in my driveway.

I finally got the water pump back on, it was a loose fuse. Not blown, but loose. I still can't get the suction. I am thinking its the connection now as it did not want to let go of the hose. I pulled the back off to get behind there and.took the hose off.behind the connector, there was suction there. But no suction through the connector to the hose that you put in antifreeze. I guess next step is to replace the connection

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Ba5online

No suction on EZ Winterization port

I have a 2007 Montana 3400RL. I set water heater bypass on, drained water heater. I selected Winterization on setting, put hose into jug of antifreeze. Turned on water pump. No suction. I thought it must be an air dam. I then started over by filling all lines with water and going thru same process again. Not enough suction from water pump to move antifreeze into port. I had to lift jug higher than port to get a flow into Winterization port. Next year I plan to use my air compressor to blow out all water from the city water port and black tank flush ports and treat ptraps. Trying to get the EZ Winterization port to work took 1.5 hours. Very frustrating and very little satisfaction from this effort.
Ba5online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
Bowti

I found on my unit, the pump won't prime itself unless I have at least one faucet opened inside the rv. If all my faucets are closed and have pressure against them the pump can't move any fluid, thus it won't prime itself.
Bowti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
aburns20

Take you finger and press it into the connection on the trailer. You may have a spring loaded check valve in the connection.
I have one of these on my Fuzion 375. My trailer came with a concave shaped screen with a washer around it. When this is installed between the hose and the connection (the dome end is towards the trailer), it opens the check valve and the pump is able to draw a suction from the bottle. I also found one of these screens at the local Wal Mart.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #7
Ba5online

Good suggestions

Thanks, I'll use your suggestions.
Ba5online is offline   Reply With Quote