Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
stormy2000

weak water pressure

hello,

well our first day with our new TT, and we just wrapped up sanitizing the system. But everytime we turn on a facet, the facets all sound like their gasping at first, spurt here and there and then some water and then seems somewhat ok?

and that goes for the shower too, they seem to shoot out air or something, spurt of water, and then finally the water runs, though we cannot get it go fast.

and even when the water is coming out at an almost avg speed, it still at times stops, spurts, chokes and then runs again.

thanks for assistance.

bill & jodi (have another question but diff subj, will do another post)
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

You have to bleed ALL the air from the system. You have a 6 gallon water heater that is full of air and must be completely filled before turning on electric to heat the water. (if the tank is not full the element will instantly burn out) Running the farthest faucet from the city water inlet till it stops spitting and then each other faucet, shower (don't forget outside shower if you have one), and toilet will clear air from system. As for water pressure you can only expect to get what goes in minus the restrictions of the hose and all the fittings in the trailer. This has always been something to get used to when RVing.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
nuskovich

Just started mine up for the first time after first winterization and the pressure is poor. Hooked up city water and it was good. Waiting for all lines to fill is the key??? Or have I missed something??? '11 Raptor 361LEV
Tikka .300WM w/ Leupold VariX III 3.5-10
nuskovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #4
davidjsimons

You need to make sure that you have run the water long enough that your water heater is full. This will push the air from the tank to the lines. You then need to open your faucets, one at a time, starting with the one furthest from the water connection, to purge the air from the lines. The air has to go somewhere. Being as this is a closed system, you have to purge the lines. I'm not an expert by any means and I'm sure somebody can correct me if I've misstated something or perhaps can make this a bit clearer. I hope that this is of some help to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
nuskovich

I'm good now, had to play with lever choices...the labelling could have been better. If you want water from storage turn switch #1 to ___ and #2 to ___. Guess no room for the label.
Tikka .300WM w/ Leupold VariX III 3.5-10
nuskovich is offline   Reply With Quote