Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #1
djocil

Ford F250

Does anyone have an Ultimate Trailer Tow camera system on their Ford F250? What camera would you use on a Passport GTE with camera prep?
djocil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #2
markcee

Unless it's changed, or there is now a 3rd party option, I believe you need to purchase the trailer camera for the Ultimate package direct from Ford.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/s...BoCX6QQAvD_BwE
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
djocil

Ford F250

Thanks,

I called my local Ford dealer and it appeared they had never heard of this. I will try another dealer. I did JustAnswer and the mechanic said a Kenwood C-230 camera. I called the parts department at the RV dealer I am buying from. They also had no idea what I was talking about and suggested that I call the manufacturer of the camera!
djocil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:10 AM   #4
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by djocil View Post
Thanks,

I called my local Ford dealer and it appeared they had never heard of this. I will try another dealer. I did JustAnswer and the mechanic said a Kenwood C-230 camera. I called the parts department at the RV dealer I am buying from. They also had no idea what I was talking about and suggested that I call the manufacturer of the camera!
If I recall, the Ford trailer camera is hard wired and also includes trailer TPMS. Not sure if any bluetooth connected camera would interface with the Ford Sync system.

https://youtu.be/uFQ8mEnvpd8
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #5
koda57

I purchased my truck with the factory camera and the TPMS(came in a box). It is a hard wired system with its own umbilical cord to the truck. You have to replace the factory 7 way receptacle on the truck with one that has an additional receptacle for the camera/TPMS system. Its fits in the existing 7 way factory cutout in the bumper. Its all plug and play. The TPMS sensors are mounted inside the tire(not external on the valve stem). The camera shows on the factory display when put into reverse and the trailer tire pressure show on the gauge cluster.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:28 PM   #6
BigBobIa

Quote:
Originally Posted by koda57 View Post
I purchased my truck with the factory camera and the TPMS(came in a box). It is a hard wired system with its own umbilical cord to the truck. You have to replace the factory 7 way receptacle on the truck with one that has an additional receptacle for the camera/TPMS system. Its fits in the existing 7 way factory cutout in the bumper. Its all plug and play. The TPMS sensors are mounted inside the tire(not external on the valve stem). The camera shows on the factory display when put into reverse and the trailer tire pressure show on the gauge cluster.

Koda do you have a RAM? I have searched the web and can’t find any pictures or videos of the camera in use. Found videos installing the camera but would like to see it in action!

Can you take some pics of the screen when the backup camera plays? and a pic of the connections?
Old 03-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #7
Bklynboy

I agree. That was my understanding when I asked around for my F-250
Bklynboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford