Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
jtav2002

Residence or Retreat Quality

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference is between the Residence and Retreat lines? They seem to be very similar and have similar floor plans. We are looking for something that will be permanently kept at a campground.

Also, how is the quality in these? It seems across the industry quality is very hit or miss and has declined in general the past few years. We are looking for a mid bunk layout destination/park model style to replace our 2008 Breckinridge. We have had no issues with that but what something with a layout better suited to our family but am a little hesitant given some of the things I’ve read about new rv’s (not necessarily Keystone specifically).
jtav2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:59 AM   #2
Steve Paul

Hi, We just purchased a Residence 40Loft. The only difference that I have been able to see, is the internal finishing. Different cabinet materials and couch material. We looked at both and like the residence better as it looked more like a home. Everything else I think is the same.
We had to travel 3 hours to see the Residence as they are not located in our area. The night before we looked at the Retreat 39loft and it just didn't looked as finished as the Residence.
I hope that helps.
Steve Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:45 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I'll "date myself" with this, but it's very similar to the automobile manufacturing brand philosophy:

If you remember the Chevrolet's Biscayne, Bel Aire and Impala or Pontiac's Catalina, Starfire and Bonneville or Ford's Custom, Custom 500 and Galaxy and Mercury's Montclair, Montego and Monterey...

The Chevy and Pontiac had "the same bones with different lipstick"

Same with Ford and Mercury....

You can consider that the Residence and the Retreat are "essentially the same bones with different lipstick"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality