Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 07:54 AM   #41
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickofosho View Post
No, Keystone allowed us to choose from either new dealer stock or wait and have a 2021 model delivered from the Oregon factory. We found a new model and year at a dealership.
And you went over this one with fine tooth comb & are absolutely sure it's better than the first? After all it's still a RV!
Now your old "lemon" is sitting on their lot waiting for some other lucky owner.
Replacement undetermined
Old 03-31-2020, 08:11 AM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

To be able to put this into perspective and learn from the event, we still need to know what those "30+ issues" really were. There's a significant difference in "issues" related to wheels falling off, axles breaking, frames bent, walls separating from the roof etc and "issues" related to things like cabinet doors not aligned, window shade isn't mounted level, leaking cold water fitting on kitchen sink, mattress not comfortable, or other "similar issues"...

What/why was the trailer not acceptable? To date, there's no mention of "what was wrong"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-31-2020, 01:41 PM   #43
nickofosho

The finest tooth comb I could find. I was also in close contact with the dealer before I picked up the trailer and explained my situation and expectations multiple times. The trailer is as perfect as trailers get. I expect minor problems down the road, but after our first week with it, no issues to report. The last trailer had over a dozen problem within the first trip.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:48 PM   #44
nickofosho

I’m not going to list the official list of issues just so it can be picked apart. Does it really matter? Keystone agreed that the issues were extreme and numerous enough to replace the trailer. Hope everyone stops settling and starts speaking up. That’s the only way the RV industry might, however unlikely, change.

I think I’ll just enjoy my new rig. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:16 AM   #45
skids

"I’m not going to list the official list of issues just so it can be picked apart. Does it really matter?"

I would say that for purposes of this forum, those are some empty words.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:49 AM   #46
Northofu1

I'm sure other folks would like to know as they might be in this situation now or in the future . It would be neighbourly to know what you were up against, and type of items warranted a replacement / buyout.

1.Has anyone else had 20+ issues (big and small) on their trailer is a short amount of time (specifically 2019 models)?

2. Has anyone returned or had their trailer replaced because of problems?

Normally when you ask for advice or for experience you're going to get people that think they know best and will be vocal about it. There are a lot of people that are here that just sit and follow and don't often post and heed some of the advice and experience of the other campers. It would be nice if you shared what your experience is. Or else what other reason would you join a forum to try to take and never give back.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Old 04-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #47
travelin texans

Quote:
I’m not going to list the official list of issues just so it can be picked apart. Does it really matter? Keystone agreed that the issues were extreme and numerous enough to replace the trailer. Hope everyone stops settling and starts speaking up. That’s the only way the RV industry might, however unlikely, change.

I think I’ll just enjoy my new rig. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
It DOES really matter if others are having the same issues trying to get resolved.
As you said they were enough Keystone agreed on a replacement so most must have been serious.
In your case what if someone picks them apart, you've got your new one so why not try to help the next guy!
Replacement undetermined
Old 04-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #48
LewisB

Quote:
No, Keystone allowed us to choose from either new dealer stock or wait and have a 2021 model delivered from the Oregon factory. We found a new model and year at a dealership.
So, you were unhappy with the quality of a new trailer that had "virtually all of the problems are quality control related" as stated in the OP? You complained enough that the dealer allowed you to turn in a 2019 Passport 240BHWE and the manufacturer gave you a blank check to pick any other trailer on the lot or in the new model line? All at no cost to you? This was not a trade-in? You didn't have to give them a dime? Is that all correct?

Every owner has this same possibility...take your trailer back to the dealer, pick your choice of any trailer on the lot (or wait for a new model next year), and drive away with your choice. Question is: how much is the check going to be for you to make that happen?

I don't mean to offend, but when something "seems too good to be true, ..." That's why seeing your list would be important to us...along with ALL the details on the trade...maybe there is something you can teach us...or...
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
Old 04-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #49
Northofu1

He's seen our posts, maybe he just doesn't want to post his list. This was his second post asking for help, that's all some people do.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:42 PM   #50
nickofosho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
He's seen our posts, maybe he just doesn't want to post his list. This was his second post asking for help, that's all some people do.
Well, that was kind of snarky...
Old 04-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #51
Alpine

I tip my hat to you for your persistence!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Old 04-01-2020, 09:22 PM   #52
LewisB

That’s a great write up that very well might help others! Thanks for taking the time to share. Sorry you had to go through the experience. Thanks for your persistence and participation in the forum!
Old 04-02-2020, 02:55 AM   #53
Northofu1

Quote:
Well, that was kind of snarky...
Just a tad, not all Canadians are nice.

I apologize for being snarky.

I also thank you for posting your experience in detail, someone out there is really going to appreciate what you posted.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:29 AM   #54
MrRobalo

Having worked for large boat manufacture ( of 2 different brands at the same facility) I can see how the process looks like it took so long to come about. I will be the first to admit things do make it out of the plant that should have not happen but due to human error things happen. Q C can only do so much and it is up to each employee to do there part to follow strict guidelines. However the first thing that can go wrong is a disgruntled employee and they know just how to do it without getting caught . We had 2 guys in lamination that were mad that they didn’t get a larger raise so they Sabotaged the stringers lamination schedule in the boat and glassed them down like they should so it looked by QC. However they didn’t wet out the fiberglass properly so it would fail when the customer used the boat in the ocean. It didn’t cause any life threatening problems but once I flew up there and drove the boat I could tell something was not right and had the dealer get it ready to come back to the plant. Long story short we cut the boat open and found the problem and had the 2 employees arrested. They admitted to doing it and to 2 more boats. ( witch were also removed from dealers stock ) We prosecutor them to the extent of the law ( they did prison time) as the bare boats alone that left the plant costed over $ 175,000.00. And took a additional 6 weeks to replace them to the dealers/ customers. We stripped what we could and bulldozed the rest of them ( on video to use in court ) These were a legitimate claim but for every one there were a dozen others that the customer just didn’t want that boat they bought for whatever reason. I flew out a many of time to inspect and drive the said boat (with a lawyer in tow) Most of the time the owners didn’t know how to properly handle the boat, overloaded it on one side , wife didn’t like it ( no head in it) too big for them to handle and I could go on. So you see the dealer is our eyes in the field and they too make mistakes rigging it properly and some just didn’t want to do warranty work as we didn’t pay full retail for them to repair it. I can just say I’m glad I was working there before the internet was in full stream.

The customer handled this situation very well and what he said was true and Keystone handled It too I’m sure as there warranty states and the steps were followed by the dealer as well. However all of our SETTLEMENTS Came with a clause forbidding the customer to permit any Disclosure of Confidential Settlement Materials and Negotiations .
And this is probably why he didn’t say anything first and just hope this doesn’t come back to bite him.
I’m very happy to hear he is now happy with his KEYSTONE.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:44 AM   #55
skids

Nickofosho, you earned it.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #56
sourdough
Site Team

Nickofosho, thanks for the detailed reply. I know you didn't want to respond due to the worry of folks trying to pick apart the list saying it was "normal" or should be fixed by the owner. I don't think they will, it took a lot of time to post that list and the events that unfolded - and it is appreciated. I'm glad it turned out the way it did for you and I think others will benefit from it.

Your experience sort of underscores what I've said/thought for a long time; some units get through the manufacturing process in great shape while some, not a lot, come out like a bunch of 2nd graders put it together. Some things you can catch on a PDI, others are more "hidden". Time, and luck, will tell. As I told DW when we bought this new trailer sight unseen, all we can do is cross our fingers and pray that this is one of the "good ones".

Again, thanks for the detailed reply and congrats on your success. I'm sure it will benefit others. Hopefully Keystone will take note, as they have with the Bullet floors, and start stepping up on these failures and in the end put more effort into their final products - we'll have to wait and see if that will happen.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:42 AM   #57
nickofosho

Sorry to do this, but I decided to delete the "whole story". The release I signed with Keystone didn't specifically say I could share my story, but the specific details are off limits. I feel my previous post fell within the release guidelines, but just to be safe, it's gone. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
Old 04-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #58
skids

Quote:
Sorry to do this, but I decided to delete the "whole story". The release I signed with Keystone didn't specifically say I could share my story, but the specific details are off limits. I feel my previous post fell within the release guidelines, but just to be safe, it's gone. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
But it didn’t say you couldn’t? Really?
Old 04-02-2020, 04:42 PM   #59
Logan X

Quote:
Man! I thought I was taking crazy pills when everyone was talking about your post and I couldn’t find it. Haha!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #60
Gegrad

Oh yeah, I didn't get to see it either. Darn. At least I am not crazy for not seeing it.
Closed Thread