Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2019, 04:38 AM   #1
Cooter

2019 Cougar 29bhs dealer replacement

Hello,

Just wanted to take a moment to share my recent experience purchasing our camper and workmanship issues. We love the floor layout and automatic leveling system!!! we traded in a 89 holiday rambler class c.
The first unit we purchased was off the showroom floor so i assumed that everything was well inspected by both the dealer and manufacturer. I did not climb up on the roof and inspect. We went camping the next weekend and noticed the sealant used all along the front cap/roof was applied with someones hand like finger paint. It was a mess. I climbed on the roof and more of the same along the front cap. We had some rain showers that week of camping and the the slide windows leaked enough to actually get the table seats wet. The toilet did not seal either.
Took the unit back to the dealer and they put me in another 29bhs they had on the lot. I inspected the roof very well and all seals looked good. Below you will find our current warranty item list on this unit.

1)slide leaks when closed
2)Water heater anode is destroyed and tank full of debris
3)leak in master bedroom near the front cap window
4)electric jack does not retract all the way
5)water drips in the middle of the awning during a light rain
6)molding falling down in master bedroom
7)staples are protruding in the carpet/slide. Cut foot.
8)missing screw plugs in the interior wood molding
9)different locks on both front doors

This experience has really opened my eyes to this industry and the need for very careful examinations prior to purchasing a new RV.

Anyone have such a list after buying a new RV?
Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:43 AM   #2
wobly

Whoa! That is two subpar experiences in my book!
We have an early-2019 29BHS (built in May 2018) and it has had a couple of issues, but nothing like what you have experienced!

The LED strips on the front have been mentioned on here a couple of times for not being sealed where the wires go into the body and allowing water in. My version doesn't even have them.

Some of the stuff you mention on your second trailer is just crappy QA/QC.

Do you have the automatic leveling system on your trailer or just the electric stabilizing legs? I have seen them changing away from the automatic leveling system. In any case, one of the first things I did was to unbolt the rear legs and move them up one hole on the mounts to gain another inch of height for traveling. We generally use pads at the camp sites so I am not too worried about "over stroke" with them extending.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:17 AM   #3
Cooter

Hello,

Yes we have the automatic leveling system and it has been great! speeds up set up time. I was wondering about those back legs...seemed low. I will take a closer look when I get it back from the dealer. Definitely frustrated with the QC.
Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar