Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #41
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bechard View Post
Well, hot off the presses... We bought our truck!

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss LT with towing package. Crew cab, short box, 5.3L V8, with 8 speed transmission.

Truck came with running boards and sprayed in bed liner, so I had then throw in underspray, window tinting, add a hard tri-fold toneau cover. Here in Canada Costco just switched to GM this week, we saved $5000 with Costco and got a $500 gift card on top. Also got top dollar for my trade in.

Payload is 1685 lbs
Towing is 9600 lbs

My trailer tongue weight is 425 + weight distribution bars, so 500 lbs total.

With bikes, myself, wife, kids, dog, and more, we're still well under our payload limit towing.

Truck looks awesome, and does better on gas than my 2016 Traverse. Truck will be a daily driver.

We're really excited to pick it up Wednesday.

Thank you everyone for all of the advice!
Attachment 22677
Well Done! Enjoy, you will love how comfortable the ride is and how easily it tows your trailer. Happy Trails

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:47 PM   #42
mwemaxxowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I'm in the process of shopping a new F-250 now. My wife (the researcher) says she can't find any option that offers extra cooling, or anything named MaxTow or HDPP, in the current lineup. She found a "high capacity tow" in the diesel lineup, but we're looking at gas. Is there some other option we're missing, and where can we read about it?
Max tow and HDPP are F150 packages. I don't think the super duties carry the same packages and names.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #43
Bechard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
Well Done! Enjoy, you will love how comfortable the ride is and how easily it tows your trailer. Happy Trails
Thanks, we're off later this week for our first tow! We've made a bunch of day trips to break in the engine and get us past the recommended 800KM before towing.
Bechard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #44
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I'm in the process of shopping a new F-250 now. My wife (the researcher) says she can't find any option that offers extra cooling, or anything named MaxTow or HDPP, in the current lineup. She found a "high capacity tow" in the diesel lineup, but we're looking at gas. Is there some other option we're missing, and where can we read about it?
If I’m not mistaken, all of the F250’s and above come equipped with everything for towing standard.

One option you may want to look at is the 10,000 LB GVWR package so you get the most payload capacity possible. Some F250’s have a GVWR in the 9000lb range, which will lessen your payload capacity.

On my diesel F250, I have the slide in camper package. That adds an overload leaf spring and a rear sway bar. Those are not necessary for towing but I think it’s nice to have.

I went from an F150 to a Deisel F250 and haven’t regretted it for a minute.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #45
mwemaxxowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
If I’m not mistaken, all of the F250’s and above come equipped with everything for towing standard.

One option you may want to look at is the 10,000 LB GVWR package so you get the most payload capacity possible. Some F250’s have a GVWR in the 9000lb range, which will lessen your payload capacity.

On my diesel F250, I have the slide in camper package. That adds an overload leaf spring and a rear sway bar. Those are not necessary for towing but I think it’s nice to have.

I went from an F150 to a Deisel F250 and haven’t regretted it for a minute.
I think that's right also. There shouldn't be any Super Duty trucks not equipped to tow.

I actually did the opposite. I stepped down from a super duty to a half ton, and I also don't regret it. It's all about what you personally need in a vehicle. My first truck was an '87 F250, 7.5 gasser 4x4 extended cab long bed. Then for about 10 years I drove a '99 7.3 6 speed manual. I sold it to buy the F150. I actually still have the '87.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote