Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
mcaliebe

New Fuzion 419 Owner- questions

Hey folks, I'm a new Keystone Fuzion owner. I had the Fuzion 419 toy hauler delivered last night. Even after the walk through I have a number of questions and I'm hoping for some help.

If someone feels these should all be different threads, I can do that as well.

4G/LTE - Where is the unit? I assume I need to activate it, perhaps add a sim card. I just can't find it.

Batteries- It looks like I have two battery trays, one about 16" on top and one 12" on the bottom. Has anyone put in multiple batteries and if so, what is the best configuration? Is there a place to isolate a battery just for the generator?

Solar- I see a sticker in the cargo area referencing Jaboni Power Products and that the unit is equipped to accept solar. States that the wiring is located behind the bulkhead. I can't find anything.

Switches- Wow I wish they had a map of what all the switches do. Anyone know what the switch next to the antenna amplifier is? They placed it in the over head cabinet to the left of the master bed. Strange place to put it as it is no where near a TV.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Michael
mcaliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
Logan X

Congratulations on your new trailer! I don’t know the answer to any of those questions but I wish you good luck!
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
Congratulations on your new trailer! I don’t know the answer to any of those questions but I wish you good luck!
Thank you!
Old 11-30-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the forum! The switch next to the booster button might be a speaker on off switch. Others have reported that in the past.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:35 AM   #5
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Welcome to the forum! The switch next to the booster button might be a speaker on off switch. Others have reported that in the past.
Thanks for the information. I’ll check that out.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #6
Logan X

Regarding your batteries, I swapped out my one 12v deep cycle battery for two 6v deep cycle batteries joined in series. Running them in series increases the voltage output from 6 to 12v. With that set up, I increased my amp hours (ah) (the amount of energy I can store) from 75 ah to 235 ah. The 6v batteries typically have a much higher amp hour rating than a 12v.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #7
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
Regarding your batteries, I swapped out my one 12v deep cycle battery for two 6v deep cycle batteries joined in series. Running them in series increases the voltage output from 6 to 12v. With that set up, I increased my amp hours (ah) (the amount of energy I can store) from 75 ah to 235 ah. The 6v batteries typically have a much higher amp hour rating than a 12v.
I saw a little information about that and thought two 6V could go on the top rack and one 12V could likely sit on the bottom.

Do you have that In-Command system? I understand that the system can monitor both batteries.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #8
Logan X

I am not an expert, but I don’t think it is good to mix the types of batteries in your battery bank. They should all be the same size and type. If you can fit them, you can run four 6v batteries. Two in series to get the 12v output and two in parallel to double the amp hours.

https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/arti...-tutorial.html

Like I said I’m not an expert so double check this information. Anyone who knows more feel free to correct me.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #9
Racebug

When I put 4x 6 volt batteries in mine, I put 3 on one side and had to put one on the other side in a bracket I welded to the frame.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #10
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racebug View Post
When I put 4x 6 volt batteries in mine, I put 3 on one side and had to put one on the other side in a bracket I welded to the frame.
What's your main battery box look like? Two levels?
Old 11-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaliebe View Post
I saw a little information about that and thought two 6V could go on the top rack and one 12V could likely sit on the bottom.

Do you have that In-Command system? I understand that the system can monitor both batteries.
I'm trying to visualize the space you describe and how it might function. I'm guessing that possibly the two 6 volt batteries sitting on the top rack would be connected together and charged by the converter/charger supplying 12VDC power to the trailer electrical system and the single 12VDC battery sitting on the bottom rack would be connected to the generator as a "power source for the generator". The two systems (one 12VDC battery in one system and two 6VDC batteries in the second system) would be wired separately and the two systems not interconnected. That way, two similar batteries would be connected (avoiding the problem with different batteries not functioning well together) and the other battery would essentially be on a different system.

I've seen several wired that way and some fifth wheels (like yours) have space for three batteries. While I suppose you could wire three 12VDC batteries in parallel (keeping 12VDC with 3x the amp hours) usually "hybrid deep cycle/marine batteries" don't hold up to multiple deep discharges as well as "golf cart batteries".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #12
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'm trying to visualize the space you describe and how it might function. I'm guessing that possibly the two 6 volt batteries sitting on the top rack would be connected together and charged by the converter/charger supplying 12VDC power to the trailer electrical system and the single 12VDC battery sitting on the bottom rack would be connected to the generator as a "power source for the generator". The two systems (one 12VDC battery in one system and two 6VDC batteries in the second system) would be wired separately and the two systems not interconnected. That way, two similar batteries would be connected (avoiding the problem with different batteries not functioning well together) and the other battery would essentially be on a different system. ".
That is what I thought as well. And of the computer can monitor both systems, all the better. I could always add a battery selector switch as another back up as well.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:54 AM   #13
Logan X

That makes sense. A battery system to run the trailer house power and a different system for the on board generator. And if you have a monitor that can monitor both individually, that’s awesome.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #14
ChuckS

If you want to use Keystones new 4G/LTE you will need to purchase correct modem to work with their system...

4G LTE and Wi-Fi are Standard in Keystone Line

September 18, 2018 by RVBusiness

Addressing the growing need for connectivity in RVs, Keystone RV Co. is equipping its entire towable lineup with 4G LTE and Wi-Fi ready capability.
Set to roll out at the Sept. 24-27 Elkhart RV Open House, the new Furrion technology offers an antenna that integrates 4G LTE and Wi-Fi with standard VHF/UHF/AM/FM reception. According to a press release, Wi-Fi and cellular signals are routed to a wall-mounted base inside the trailer.
Owners looking for enhanced connectivity can purchase a Furrion modem that easily snaps into the factory-installed base plate, boosting existing Wi-Fi to provide the best possible connection. For untethered connectivity, owners can purchase cellular data plans through Furrion or from their wireless provider.
“Keystone is committed to delivering the ultimate ownership experience and part of that is leading with innovation that sets the industry standard for comfort, quality, safety and convenience,” said Keystone CEO Matt Zimmerman. “Equipping every Keystone RV with the ability to easily access internet service is a natural next step, and one that we felt was important for us to invest in.”

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #15
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If you want to use Keystones new 4G/LTE you will need to purchase correct modem to work with their system...

Owners looking for enhanced connectivity can purchase a Furrion modem that easily snaps into the factory-installed base plate, boosting existing Wi-Fi to provide the best possible connection. For untethered connectivity, owners can purchase cellular data plans through Furrion or from their wireless provider.
i thought so too but there is no base or provision I can find for 4G. Generally, when something is provided with 4G LTE, there is a cell card built into the panel like in a home security panel, or a separate module. The In-Command doesn't reference 4G either so I'm still at a loss.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #16
mcaliebe

I replied to this in another thread however the 4G option is a Winegard antenna preinstalled on the roof and this holds a SIM card. There is a power switch in the trailer to turn it on and off. I believe you can put a Verizon SIM card in it and set up a pay as you go program.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:34 AM   #17
Racebug

Quote:
What's your main battery box look like? Two levels?
yes, 2 levels. 2 batts on top, one on bottom and one on the other side under hydraulic pump.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:20 PM   #18
Tinner12002

Quote:
Hey folks, I'm a new Keystone Fuzion owner. I had the Fuzion 419 toy hauler delivered last night. Even after the walk through I have a number of questions and I'm hoping for some help.

If someone feels these should all be different threads, I can do that as well.

4G/LTE - Where is the unit? I assume I need to activate it, perhaps add a sim card. I just can't find it.

Batteries- It looks like I have two battery trays, one about 16" on top and one 12" on the bottom. Has anyone put in multiple batteries and if so, what is the best configuration? Is there a place to isolate a battery just for the generator?

Solar- I see a sticker in the cargo area referencing Jaboni Power Products and that the unit is equipped to accept solar. States that the wiring is located behind the bulkhead. I can't find anything.

Switches- Wow I wish they had a map of what all the switches do. Anyone know what the switch next to the antenna amplifier is? They placed it in the over head cabinet to the left of the master bed. Strange place to put it as it is no where near a TV.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Michael
I have a Raptor so not sure how much is the same. I can't answer the wifi because I don't have it on mine. Batteries, as some have said you could use 2-6volt or 2-12volt, on mine I have a place for 3 batteries and chose to use 3-12volts and as far as a separate battery for gen, if you have an auto-start on your control panel in your on-command, just set that to auto and it will auto start when your batteries get to a certain voltage with no worries of running batteries down. For solar on mine I have an external plug-in point on the curb side of the rv though I've not used it. As someone else mentioned the switch your asking about very well maybe the speaker switch for the bedroom speakers.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #19
NevadaRich

Mike, the switch in the bedroom next to the Antenna Boosted is for turning the Boosted on and off, The Solar is just advising that it is wired, may find the wiring on the roof, and the other end near the battery boxes, Switches, If you look up your Fuzion on line, sometimes the wiring info is listed...Good Luck, very nice unit, look the garage, mind is only 13ft
NevadaRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #20
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaRich View Post
Mike, the switch in the bedroom next to the Antenna Boosted is for turning the Boosted on and off, The Solar is just advising that it is wired, may find the wiring on the roof, and the other end near the battery boxes, Switches, If you look up your Fuzion on line, sometimes the wiring info is listed...Good Luck, very nice unit, look the garage, mind is only 13ft
On the solar, that is what I gathered too. I thought I’d find wiring or a junction box leading to a solar controller but to date, nothing is apparent.

The 15’ garage is what we really wanted. Should be enough room to put the RXR XP1000 and a quad (sideways) in the back.

Tags
fuzion