Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
zukafire

refridgerator no cool in the heat

Well its been really hot this week and and my fridge will not keep up. At night the fridge would get down to 38 but during the day it would almost reach 50. I did have the campper level. I did have all the out side covers off and everthing was clean. The coils were getting hot on top of the fridge. The trailer is a bobcat and it is 10 years old. The friged I have the domartic RM 2332 gas and 120 volt only. Useing gas or electric had the same resulst. [PHP][/PHP] do you think the cooling unit could be going bad. And also the gas won't stay lite well going down the road.
zukafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

As a temporary fix, you might try picking up a battery-operated fridge fan. If you are close to CW, they have two models priced around $15. They might help somewhat in the short term but obviously your fridge needs to be looked at.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
hankaye

zukafire, Howdy;

Had the same problem last Summer while I was in Ohio. Just about exactly the same time frames...

In another thread there was mention of a switch, inside the frame, top edge of freezer door. Imne is labled "Climate Control Switch". Turn it on. Should help. If it doesn't then it just to hot and humid for the fridge to keep up.

Dometic's Ser. Ctr. tele.# is;

(800) 544-4881

Oh, by-the-way, I just found this, thought I'd read something receintly about rfidge's;

http://rvnow.rvtravel.com/2010/06/rv...ther-tips.html

Good luck.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote