Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
les bellan

Smile Slide Topper Needs Tightening

Hello, pulling a 2008 Montana 2400RL with a 2007 Dodge 1 ton diesel. Need help in tightening a slide sopper. My stopper over the kitchen slide needs to be tightend, as when we camp and it rains, the rain builds up in the topper and causes it to indent.

Don't know where to go to fix the problema. Thanks.
les bellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Not sure what make of slide topper you have (Dometic or Carefree) but you might want to visit the manufacturer's webpage to see if you can find any information there. Failing that, try doing a Google search for other resources that may help. Google "tightening RV awnings" or similar. Some other members might also chime in with suggestions for you.
Over time, the spring mechanism may need adjusting and; as well, the fabric itself will stretch somewhat resulting in a sagging topper. A couple of members have purchased some type of support that they insert between the slide roof and the slide topper which provides a lift to the fabric. The support that was used is called an Air Wedge ...check out their webpage ......www.awningairwedge.com
Hope this helps
( I was told that it never rains in Sherwood Park........???)
Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Retired_Jim

I will chime in and recommend the airwedge Festus2 referenced. I have one and find it does the trick. It inflates creating a firm base that not only allows the rain to shed without puddling, but helps prevent wind flapping noise. One warning or caution is that you must remember to remove the wedge before closing the slide. I taped a note to my slide switch "Wedge ?".

2006 GMC Yukon XL
2010 Keystone Springdale 266RLSSR
Retired_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote