Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2018, 04:58 AM   #1
MoorePartyof5

Wall Mounted AC Leaking

Hi all!

We are the new owners of a 2018 Keystone Hideout 175LHS. We have camped in it for a quick 2 night trip at a local park. The wall AC unit is leaking down inside the wall, and onto the floor, instead of dripping outside. The TT is perfectly level, but we cannot get the water to divert. We are currently camping without air, which is kind of miserable. Any ideas on how to get the water to go outside? The water leakage is significant, and it won’t be long before it damages everything.

Thanks!
Julie

Also, I’ll get my profile situated “appropriately” once I figure out how. 😊
MoorePartyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:04 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Is this a new trailer? If under warranty, I'd take back to dealer to fix. If not, let us know. Is there a drain hole that is clogged?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:05 AM   #3
MoorePartyof5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Is this a new trailer? If under warranty, I'd take back to dealer to fix. If not, let us know. Is there a drain hole that is clogged?
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, brand spanking new TT. We are calling the dealer today. ����
Old 06-16-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
kfxgreenie

Shim the front of the AC or leave the trailer a little un-level low on AC side. Friend has to do that has a smaller KZ with in the wall AC.
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:26 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Yes, it is either a plugged drain hole or the AC is sitting canted to the inside is my thought. You will either have to shim the AC, park on ground that lowers the back of the AC or pull the trailer up on blocks on one side to cant the AC. If under warranty I would make the dealer permanently repair it so that you can park level and/or not have to shim the AC (although that is probably what they will do).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #6
mlk1950

Another thing to look at, is make sure the AC unit is all the way out to the AC Shroud. I had a TrailRunner that was leaking and the AC was not setting all the way out to the shroud screen. As soon as I corrected that, the leaking quit.
mlk1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:54 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
I swear I think the dealers must change their phone numbers after each sale.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #8
MoorePartyof5

A/C Update:

We camped last night. My husband was able to get the A/C to drain properly to the outside by removing the screen cover and using a few small sticks to hold up the metal flashing running under the air. This piece of metal is not the same width from one side of the A/C to the other. It looks like it was trimmed too close to the A/C and now the water is running into the wall on that narrow end. Also, the screen cover was pushing the wider end of the metal up against the A/C, creating a barrier for the water to escape and encouraging it to run down to the narrow end and into the wall. I have a service appointment with the dealer on Wednesday. A lady that we camped next to suggested that we request a different trailer, since ours is brand new and may have water damage now due to the air conditioner being installed improperly. My husband is doubtful the dealer will even consider this, but he is thinking of asking them to provide a guarantee towards coverage of any possible water damage in that area, under the A/C.

What do you all think about what our camp neighbor said and my husband's thoughts? What would you do?

Thanks!

Family of 5, Looking for adventure!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #9
Lugerhead

I also just bought a 2018 293RK Springdale. Been out three trips and the last trip it was hot enough to run the A/C a lot. Water started dripping from the left a/c units air intake filter. This my 7th rv and have never seen that before. Had the front of the camper up about a half a bubble for better sleeping so I dropped it down some and the water started running off the from but still had the inside drip. Pulled the filters out and took a look see. The mfg had kind of just wadded the Romex power feed wire up inside and it was touching the evaporator in a couple of places allowing the water coming off the evaporator to wick off and run down the wire, then to the floor. Re positioned the wire and no more water drip. Hope this helps
Lugerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:12 AM   #10
yanksdallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorePartyof5 View Post
A/C Update:

We camped last night. My husband was able to get the A/C to drain properly to the outside by removing the screen cover and using a few small sticks to hold up the metal flashing running under the air. This piece of metal is not the same width from one side of the A/C to the other. It looks like it was trimmed too close to the A/C and now the water is running into the wall on that narrow end. Also, the screen cover was pushing the wider end of the metal up against the A/C, creating a barrier for the water to escape and encouraging it to run down to the narrow end and into the wall. I have a service appointment with the dealer on Wednesday. A lady that we camped next to suggested that we request a different trailer, since ours is brand new and may have water damage now due to the air conditioner being installed improperly. My husband is doubtful the dealer will even consider this, but he is thinking of asking them to provide a guarantee towards coverage of any possible water damage in that area, under the A/C.

What do you all think about what our camp neighbor said and my husband's thoughts? What would you do?

Thanks!
Would you be able to post photos of how you wedged the ac unit or how you tweaked the pan to help it drain? I have a 2017 175LHS and am having the same problem. I appreciate any help. Thank you
yanksdallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak