Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #41
sourdough
Site Team

Glenda I'm very sorry this has turned out this way.

It's in hind sight but I would not have let them keep me from going in but I understand your predicament.

IMO your best bet is to get to the owner of the RV dealership and see how he receives it. The whole thing may be a reflection of the way he does business, but it may not be. I would just go in and ask for him. Have your documentation with you - DO NOT let them have any of it. In fact, if you have the means make copies for him. If they ask why you want to see him just tell them you were making a purchase and had heard good things about him If he's a decent business owner hopefully you can solve it there.

If not, before hiring a lawyer, I would take the paperwork to the DA or county attorney (whoever handles this type of deal. You may need to file a police report). Start some heat they can feel. But, as I think, before you do any of that....how far did you escalate this inside the RV dealership? A salesman has zero ability to tell you the things this one apparently did. If the GM of the dealership doesn't know anything about it you may need to start there. You want to try the top management at the RV store before you hit the owner. Then move to trying to prove a criminal act. Last resort (your money) is to hire a lawyer. If you in fact have paperwork that show these errors they won't be able to deny correcting the problem. Be calm but forceful. When they defer, push. Be pointed - no generalities or maybe. Don't take no for an answer; when you reach that point always ask "who's your boss?" When you reach the point that they say "I own the joint".....you've run out of people to harrass Good luck and keep us apprised.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #42
MarcS

Is the Chevrolet dealer and RV dealer on the same lot? If not, I'd go to the Chevy store and talk to the General Manager or owner there. Tell them your concerns about your dealings with your salesperson. Don't go in with guns blazing. Ask for the General Managers name at the RV dealer from the Chevy dealer. Maybe call them while your at the Chevy store with that General Manager.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #43
notanlines

In my opinion you will not call ch this fly with honey. My opinion is hire an attorney immediately and do exactly as she/he suggests. Rain havoc on the internet like never before. And when you finally have them gasping for air, step on their neck. You AND I will feel better for it.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
Old 04-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #44
Glenda Clark

Called the entire dealership , found out WHO OWNER is . Left a message on his voice mail to call it's urgent I need to have a meeting with him.
I hope he returns my call within a reasonable amount of time.
This has to be resolved Now.

2016 Chevy Silverado , 1500.
5.3 liter V8
Old 04-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #45
Glenda Clark

The owner of the dealership called me. Meeting at 9 am Tuesday.
The salesman pulled all kinds of illegal activity with me.
The salesman said all paper work was shredded and Burned.
Owner said NO ITS NOT.
Owner asked if I got my full price back ? I said No , only 27k.
There's another sneaky glitch. Someone is pocketing all my money.
I was never told I would get my extended warranty fee back , Gap insurance back , sales tax back.
I think the salesman was going to pocket it.

The owner is very unhappy with everything that went down , and promised to Fix all mistakes.
So , I will let you know tomorrow what happens.

5.3 liter V8
Old 04-30-2018, 03:25 PM   #46
Chaos1

Just traded in our 2012 premier 19 fbpr loved it, absolutely no problems other than upkeep we just upgraded to the 2018 26rbpr we have switched 2 friends over now
Old 04-30-2018, 04:03 PM   #47
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda Clark View Post
The owner of the dealership called me. Meeting at 9 am Tuesday.
The salesman pulled all kinds of illegal activity with me.
The salesman said all paper work was shredded and Burned.
Owner said NO ITS NOT.
Owner asked if I got my full price back ? I said No , only 27k.
There's another sneaky glitch. Someone is pocketing all my money.
I was never told I would get my extended warranty fee back , Gap insurance back , sales tax back.
I think the salesman was going to pocket it.

The owner is very unhappy with everything that went down , and promised to Fix all mistakes.
So , I will let you know tomorrow what happens.

Good! Sounds like you are making progress and hopefully the owner is above board. Those things they apparently are skimming you on go thru the finance guy generally in my dealings. The salesman usually has no idea about the insurance/finance plans etc. He has to go to the finance guy to get that done. With the way your sales guy acted, and what he said, I would be straight up thinking that he and the finance guy are in cahoots skimming money. Just an observation...... Your sales guy is either nuts or a crook.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #48
MarcS

Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep us all informed of the outcome! Hope all goes well tomorrow!
Old 04-30-2018, 04:57 PM   #49
Glenda Clark

The owner was really upset at what I was told him the salesman said and did. I have a feeling the guy will be terminated , and I'll insist on it.
The manager at the Rv. Lot said it only worth 27k. Now.
They were skimming money from me.
The owner said I should have gotten full amount back. But Nope I Didnt.

Will see what happens in the morning , and I'll let you know.

The owner was pizz'ed off when I told him the salesman said all my paper work was shredded and BURNED.

5.3 liter V8
Old 04-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #50
MarcS

You should have gotten a full refund no matter what. It is still a new unit and they will sell it as new, if it was never officially titled!
Old 04-30-2018, 05:18 PM   #51
Glenda Clark

Told them that at Rv. Lot. Manager said I lose it , if I don't buy another trailer.
So I bought another trailer . This is really an ugly situation with the salesman and manager at Rv lot.
They were flat out ripping me off.
Well tomorrow I will handle thid.
Demand that salesman be fired.

Cut me a price break off 2nd trailer.

5.3 liter V8
Old 04-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #52
MarcS

You may not have to demand it. If he is an honest owner and finds out he has an employee(s) ripping customers off, he will take care of them. Without customers, there is no business. Without business, owners lose their way of life. All owners I've worked for will never let an employee take that from them.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #53
chuckster57
Site Team

All I can say is WOW!!! I sure hope the owner makes it right, please let us know how the meeting goes.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #54
Glenda Clark

I am going to demand one hell of a price break off on this 2nd trailer from the owner.
I was lied too countless times. The owner better make it right , and I am sure he will , he was very upset about the salesman.
Who also said 》 I am a real stickler for details. Hell yes. I have to be when I'm being screwed over.
My stress level is 10 fold right now.😨
I will get this taken care of , or my last option is , file a law suit against that salesman ave Swanberg.
I will let you guys now the outcome when I get back from seeing the owner at 9 am.

5.3 liter V8
Old 04-30-2018, 06:14 PM   #55
sourdough
Site Team

Glenda, keep your cool. I've had many situations like this. Don't let the "pissed" you go in to negotiate. You will find it hard. I've been mad, pissed etc. but I usually get what I want. You cannot go in harsh, mad, throwing out allegations etc. in a rough tone. Remember, you can cut off an offending "something" and only use words. That is what you have to do. You can't offend the owner, who appears on your side, by seeming "out of bounds", possibly expecting too much because you speak to all of the things that have happened. You HAVE to be cool, focused. You have to know what your expectation is and work to drive every conversation in that direction. EVERY word you use has to calculated to that end.

I've dealt with so many situations like this. Your strength is what has happened and your documentation. Your weakness will be when you go ballistic and tick the owner off. State the facts, the failures, the lies, your disappointment and the costs you have endured. Don't do it like a victim, do it as a person violated and you seek restitution....professionally, straight forward and unrelenting. Sorry or no can't be the answer.

Note: be careful of demanding unrealistic cuts in prices, comps or anything else when you try to fix this. If you have been zipped the owner, if a good guy, is going to try to make this right. Trying to get "maximum payback" because they had a bad employee and insulting the owner as he tries to help is a no win deal. What was the deal with first trailer? The second? Where were you monetarily on the first vs 2nd considering the differences? They will look at "no harm, no foul" and try to make you whole as it would have been with the first purchase. You won't get more than that IMO. Just be realistic and know you will have endured some aggravation that no one is going to compensate you for.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #56
Glenda Clark

Yes , I will keep my cool , owner is more then willing to assist me thru this messy ordeal.
I feel I deserve a price break and a lot of apologies .
I could clearly tell he was very upset by my information.
Will finalise this tomorrow and I'll report back.

5.3 liter V8
Old 04-30-2018, 08:51 PM   #57
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Glenda, keep your cool. I've had many situations like this. Don't let the "pissed" you go in to negotiate. You will find it hard. I've been mad, pissed etc. but I usually get what I want. You cannot go in harsh, mad, throwing out allegations etc. in a rough tone. Remember, you can cut off an offending "something" and only use words. That is what you have to do. You can't offend the owner, who appears on your side, by seeming "out of bounds", possibly expecting too much because you speak to all of the things that have happened. You HAVE to be cool, focused. You have to know what your expectation is and work to drive every conversation in that direction. EVERY word you use has to calculated to that end.

I've dealt with so many situations like this. Your strength is what has happened and your documentation. Your weakness will be when you go ballistic and tick the owner off. State the facts, the failures, the lies, your disappointment and the costs you have endured. Don't do it like a victim, do it as a person violated and you seek restitution....professionally, straight forward and unrelenting. Sorry or no can't be the answer.

Note: be careful of demanding unrealistic cuts in prices, comps or anything else when you try to fix this. If you have been zipped the owner, if a good guy, is going to try to make this right. Trying to get "maximum payback" because they had a bad employee and insulting the owner as he tries to help is a no win deal. What was the deal with first trailer? The second? Where were you monetarily on the first vs 2nd considering the differences? They will look at "no harm, no foul" and try to make you whole as it would have been with the first purchase. You won't get more than that IMO. Just be realistic and know you will have endured some aggravation that no one is going to compensate you for.
I agree with Danny. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. That said, it sounds like I don't have to tell you to stand your ground. Be nice, but resolute. Also, I'd agree with Danny, don't go in looking for freebies. Look to get it sorted properly, to the last penny, but don't go looking for a pound of flesh. That will just get people offside and make them dig their heels in.
Edit:
It might be useful to look on the internet at the prices at other dealerships if you think you've been overcharged. With that knowledge, if you do want a price reduction, you can go in with the knowledge of a lower price at another dealer. (Try RV trader)
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
Old 05-01-2018, 02:02 AM   #58
notanlines

I vehemently disagree with all this "oh, I'm so nice, I want to be nice, treat me nice" kind of advice. I would not be making this meeting without an attorney, period. Assuming all events are exactly as Glenda described there seems to be criminal activity afoot and she is ill-equipped to handle such. I do agree that the ranting and making demands has no part in this meeting, but better trained people than her need to be involved.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
Old 05-01-2018, 02:25 AM   #59
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I vehemently disagree with all this "oh, I'm so nice, I want to be nice, treat me nice" kind of advice. I would not be making this meeting without an attorney, period. Assuming all events are exactly as Glenda described there seems to be criminal activity afoot and she is ill-equipped to handle such. I do agree that the ranting and making demands has no part in this meeting, but better trained people than her need to be involved.
I agree with that notanlines, any friend with some legal advise or a police officer friend would work too in a pinch on such short notice. Sorry about all the issues the OP is having, its a wonder that place is still in business!!
Old 05-01-2018, 05:17 AM   #60
Glenda Clark

I will be leaving shortly to go see the owner of these establishments.
I will keep my cool and won't explode with him. He seems consirned and upset I was treated the way I was. Very ittitated I wasn't told I'd get my extended warranty , Gap insurance , sales tax and something else refunded. The sales man Dave Swanberg told me nothing on that.
Was he planning on keeping that for himself ? There are so many issues at stake here. Telling me my old contract paper work was shredded and burnt and they don't keep records. That is not a truthful statement. And the owner even said so.
I will get this resolved. The owner seems more then willing to help me.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed it goes Damm' good. I was the victim , not the offender.

5.3 liter V8
Closed Thread

Tags
keystone