Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Big Red

Question Buying a Montana 3400 RL

We are in the proces of negotiating for a Montana 3400 RL with the Hickory package and the going to Montana package. We will be moving from a Larado 318 RL to the Montana as a final upgrade for our retirement RV. ( The Montana has a few options that we do not have inthe Larado, I.E. Washer and dryer hookup, remote set up, and a much larger kitchen) Can anyone give me any information on the 3400RL, I am looking for Pros and Cons.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2007 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab
D-Max 6.6L , Allison 6 Speed
Towing Package, Air Bags
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Paddler

We've had ours for about 3 months now and we still love it. About the only downside as you will soon find out is....you'll be towing at 91% of your capacity. You might want to check your finances to see if the purchase of a 3500 dually is in the cards. I figure ours is weighing in at a hefty 14K with empty tanks.

As to the purchase price, you should be able to buy the Montana for $46-$48K. If you're interested paste the following link into your browser and it will take you to a thread I wrote about our Montana when we first got it.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2429

Again we do like the 3400RL. The floorplan is perfect for our lifestyle. We'll be heading out on a slightly longer trip in the near future and that should give me a better judgement of how the 3/4 ton handles the trailer over more varied terran and less city driving.

Good luck in your purchase,
Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
mhs4771

Big Red, hop over the Montana Owners Forum (http://www.montanaowners.com/) and sign-up. You'll get to talk to lots of folks with 3400 and all the rest of the Montana Line.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Big Red

Smile

Thanks for the feedback. Well we just signed on the dotted line for our new Montana 3400RL. We will pick up on the 29th. DW and I are very excited to get our new camper home and set up with our "stuff". First camping trip will be the first part of July. Looking forward to adding threads obout our experiences.

2007 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab
D-Max 6.6L , Allison 6 Speed
Towing Package, Air Bags
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Paddler

Congrats on your new purchase!! I'm sure you are going to really like it. After you get a few tows under the belt, let me know how well your Chevy handles the Montana.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Doug526

Thumbs up Good chose

We bought ours new in Mar 2009. We pull it with a Ford 250 diesel. It puls super easy. Morride helps too.