Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2017, 03:03 AM   #1
Barry

Under pinning, cold weather package stuff

Ok, I went down to the camper a couple of days ago, just to kinda give it the once over. You know that black plastic sheeting stuff they use on the under side of the camper, for the "cold weather package"? Well there was a tear in one of the pieces. Looks like a strip, about 2 or 3 inches wide, and about 2 or 3 foot long. Anybody got any good ways to fix it. Other than just duct tape? Im looking for more of a "fixed for good" repair.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:16 AM   #2
GT2400BH

I saw a commercial the other day that that was a new product on a roll that made me think of this product and might be cheaper. Can't think of the name.
Might be a solution

https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Bond-All.../dp/B01M3R6KFZ
Old 04-08-2017, 03:27 AM   #3
K.C. Jones

Hi Barry,
I was looking at the bottom of my Hideout…27 DBS and was thinking it would be a good idea to put some Armor All on it… Anyhow I saw an Infomercial this morning for this tape. LOL they tape a boat together with it.

Have a Great Day!!

K.C.

YouTube Link
K.C. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:43 AM   #4
BuxCamper

EternalBond or Gorilla Tape? I have not used either.

-- Mark

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:55 AM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

That underbelly material is called coroplast. Gorilla Tape has been recommended to tape the seems, stuff comes on a roll and can be purchased

ADDED: check this link http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ight=coroplast
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:02 AM   #6
66joej

Try Bear Bond. The NASCAR boys use it to hold race cars together and apparently it sticks to most anything. Watch a race some Sunday and you'll see. Available on Amazon.com
Bear Bond All-Use Repair Tape - 6" x 36" - White or Black (Black) - Set of 3
by Bear Bond

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:30 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

There are two types of material used on the underbelly. One is a "corrugated plastic" similar to "corrugated cardboard"... That is called COROPLAST. The other is a "plasticized woven tarp" material. If you think of the "blue woven plastic tarps" commonly seen in most "big box stores" it's a black version of that. It is most often used in the wheel wells on RV's, in the front storage compartment and often, on entry level trailers, used to cover the underbelly. It is called DARCO.

DARCO has a specialized repair tape. You can find it at any mobile home repair center. I haven't heard of any "after-market" repair tape (like Gorilla tape, etc) that will adhere well to DARCO, although there may be some products available.

I wouldn't use an "off product" for repairs to DARCO. Check with a mobile home repair center and get the correct product. Water on the wood in your wheelwells can cause a significant problem. That area really needs to be maintained properly.....

As for COROPLAST, if you clean the damaged part well, Gorilla tape will adhere "almost permanently" and is a very effective repair tape...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #8
Ken / Claudia

Dealer cut a L shape, maybe 1 ft each way in the corplast to repair a duct. They put a zip tie in each side to hold the cut part together. I ran gorilla tape across the whole seam 2 plus years ago. Just looked at it last week and still no tape coming off.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:07 PM   #9
mjeronimo

You could try some thing like this http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...b71fa_1000.jpg ,we use it on the Jobsite, construction supply stores ( Whitecap here in California) carry it 6-9-12-18-24-36 inch widths 50-75 foot rolls. I just bought a 24 inch x50 foot roll for a small roof for $55, Ithink a 6 inch roll is $20. Careful some brands are white some are black.
mjeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote