Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
mcsearch1

Learned a Lesson About Awnings

I got careless with my awning a couple of weekends ago when I closed up the RV at my seasonal site to return to the land of the working. I lowered it, but against my better judgment I did not retract it. Later that evening the campground experienced the worst t-storm of the summer. The wind severely twisted the main support arm on the right side of the awning. Amazingly, the awning was still attached to the RV and in one piece. With a c-clamp, a rubber mallet, 2 X 4, and the picnic table, I was able to work it back close enough to its original condition that the awning looks good and opens and closes properly. I got lucky this time. Moral of story, if you are leaving your RV unattended for any length of time, take 30 seconds to retract and secure your awning.
2 dogs
No sleep
mcsearch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

Good advice. I did learn about that from Dads story maybe 30 years ago. When his was left out during some wind. I sure like the push button speed to get them retracted when needed.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote