Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
C130

Installing Aftermarket Leveling System On Toy Hauler

Anyone install a leveling system lately (last year or two) on a toy hauler or other 5th wheel? I have a 2011 Fuzion 322 Touring Edition which already has the front hydraulic jacks if it matters. It's the one thing I'd like to have on our toy hauler but really can't justify trading for this feature alone. Of course there are plenty of other features the new toy haulers have that we like also but overall we are very happy with our 2011 Fuzion. It still looks like new inside and out and has some great features but not sure it would be worth it to add the auto level system.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Adding auto level will cost you like $3500.00 in parts. Add the labor if you don't DIY, and ask yourself is it worth it? IMO the answer is no.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
mamawildbear

My leveling system

Here's my leveling system. It was only $18. It doesn't go up very high but for most campgrounds we've been to, it's been close enough. I can see how attractive some sort of auto leveling system would be for ease of use but the cost for me would be prohibitive.

I think it's like when you want an in-ground pool in your back yard. It is far more economical to buy a house that already has a pool than install a pool yourself.

Camping partners with my Hubby of 22 years
Spud - 14 year old son
Mouse - 12 year old daughter
Pickles the Bagel Hound - 9 year old camping dog
(at home we have Hazel the cat, Gummy the Leopard Gecko and Lachlan the Hanoverian horse)
mamawildbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:59 AM   #4
C130

Thanks, that's what I figured and not worth the cost. I'm thinking it'll be better to just wait and maybe upgrade the trailer in a couple of years and put that $4,000-$5000 towards trading. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
Dutch & Di

We added the Big Foot leveling system to our 38 footer about 4 years ago and for us it was well worth the money.
We couldn't do the install ourselves because we are fulltimers and didn't have access to a shop or a welder. That meant we had to bite the bullet and have it installed.
I think it depends on how much you use your toyhauler. If you use it a lot then hitting the button and letting it level itself so you can get down to enjoying your stay can definitely be worth the expense. The less you use it, the harder it is to justify the cost. Hugs, Di