Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #41
GaryWT

Just thankful we do not have a HOA...
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #42
mcsearch1

The best thing I can say about my HOA is that it only costs me $85 per year. By definition they are an affront to personal freedom. I moved from 5.5 acres in the boonies to a subdivision to quell the DW's longing for civilization. After three years I think she regrets the move. I know I do.
2 dogs
No sleep
mcsearch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #43
larry337

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsearch1 View Post
The best thing I can say about my HOA is that it only costs me $85 per year. By definition they are an affront to personal freedom. I moved from 5.5 acres in the boonies to a subdivision to quell the DW's longing for civilization. After three years I think she regrets the move. I know I do.
I did the exact opposite. I'll never again live in a HOA. That was a huge mistake.

2017 Ford F350
2015 Cougar 337FLS
larry337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #44
LuvsPalmTrees

Wow that is a lot of drama. I am so glad my drama moved out years ago. They would call if I sneezed too loud. Anyway - we live in an older section of Shelby Twp and I have about a 1/2 acre of property. My home sit way off the road so it fits on the driveway. I can and do store my TT in the backyard behind some very big gates. At one time I did have the code people send me a letter stating that my TT could not be on the driveway except to load and unload (48 hours max) but if my trailer (any part of it) broke past the front of my home (porch) I could leave it there. Then about a year later another code enforcer told me that was not true. The entire trailer has to be behind the front of your home. We pull it out a day or two before we leave to wash and load it and then a day when we get home to unload it. Even if you are in violation with Shelby Twp you usually have 10 days to rectify it so most of the time you are going to be moving it in that amount of time. We have been looking to move but I would not move into a HOA ever. My mother-in-law was told what type of flowers she could plant. I want to be far away from my neighbors.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #45
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Just thankful we do not have a HOA...
This!

I had a small pad, that I parked my popup on, when I bought the bullet I had it enlarged... just a little bit

I did not ask anyone or get a permit.

My next door neighbor came over and wanted a tour of the new camper.

-Brian