Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
MN Xplant

Leak under hot water tank

Hi All,
While de-winterizing, I noticed water leaking from under the hot water tank. I can also hear a hissing sound. This happens when I turn off the bypass valve allowing fresh water to get into the hot water tank.

I have turned the bypass valve on now to avoid any damage to the wood floor and will have to contact the dealer tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problem with their Keystone Passport 2650bh?

We've had a very cold winter here in MN but I had winterized the camper including turning the bypass valve to the water heater on, draining the water heater by opening the drain so I don't know what went wrong. I used the antifreeze method and have done so since I bought the camper brand new in 2012 and used the same method for my pop up that I had before and have not had any problems in the past.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input. Timing is bad as we're planing to go camping this weekend.
MN Xplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:25 AM   #2
bsmith0404

The only thing I would recommend is pulling the panel down so you can see the HWH. You may find it's a simple line leak that can be easily repaired and get you back out without the trip to the dealer. What can we say, even with winterizing, things sometimes break.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote