Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
team222

2010 3750fl Manufactures Instructions

Hello Everyone

We just bought a 2010 3750fl and it came with the Owners Manual but it seems to be general in nature without specifics for any model.

It also states often .......see "Manufacturers Instructions."

Is there a Manufacturers Instructions manual with specifics for the 3750fl?

If so, does anyone have a link to a pdf so we can print it......... or do I have to contact Keystone customer support?

Thanks

Mike
team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Mike:

The "Manufacturer's Instructions" are those that are found in the Owner's Manuals for components such as the slide, axles, various appliances, HW heater, furnace, fridge, etc.
Most of these separate manuals are found in a package along with the generic and very vague Keystone Owner's Manual. Because it is a used and older model, the previous owner(s) may or may not have kept these for you.

There is no manual that is specific to the 3750FL - other than those listed above.

If you want manuals for a specific item and you can't find it in the 3750, you'll have to go online to the manufacturer's site and download it.

Contacting Keystone about their "manual" won't be productive.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:18 AM   #3
team222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Mike:

The "Manufacturer's Instructions" are those that are found in the Owner's Manuals for components such as the slide, axles, various appliances, HW heater, furnace, fridge, etc.
Most of these separate manuals are found in a package along with the generic and very vague Keystone Owner's Manual. Because it is a used and older model, the previous owner(s) may or may not have kept these for you.

There is no manual that is specific to the 3750FL - other than those listed above.

If you want manuals for a specific item and you can't find it in the 3750, you'll have to go online to the manufacturer's site and download it.

Contacting Keystone about their "manual" won't be productive.
You were right......and thanks for the reply.

I had the first RV we ever owned trucked here from FL........the transporter set it up in our side yard and left.

So Keystone told me the following options since the generic Owners Manual that came with the 3750fl covers all their 5th wheels.....there are none for any specific model.

Their solutions:

1. Get the unit to a dealer for a walk through.
Great concept.......assuming I can figure all this out to get the 3750fl converted from living mode to on the road mode and to the dealer safely. Without a 3750fl Owners Manual.....now it is on me to spend $35 in diesel fuel to get to the dealer for the walk through and even then I have no permanent reference material for future questions on the 3750fl?

2. Go to the suppliers websites like Lippert for learning about slides.
My reply after stating the obvious flaw in this recommendation.....how about a sheet of paper for each inside and outside control panel showing exactly what each button/knob/lever actually does! Nope...3 or 4 sheets of paper showing this for the 3750fl.... is not available either!

3. Then I asked how about Keystone doing a video walk video through for each unit as a reference for first time or new owners. Advantage once this is done...it is done forever for all to see. Maybe pay owners $25 to do these and submit them for the website. Nope, not possible......but there are 5 generic videos on their website. (Festus2.....do you have link "you'll have to go online to the manufacturer's site and download it."

So here we have it........every car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, home appliance, cell phone on and on comes with an Owners Manual covering the specific product purchased to help customers......but not Keystone for the 3750fl or an any other unit.

So my only remaining question is the generic Owners Manual industry wide for all RV manufacturers, most of them, some of them......or just Keystone.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:06 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

As a first-time RV owner, I can understand your frustration with Keystone - especially if your new unit was delivered, set up in your yard, leaving you with no instructions on "how to work the thing".

Most folks who purchase a new RV at a dealership, have the advantage of being given a walk-through of some sort which also allows them to ask questions about the various components and; in many cases, see "how things work". Unfortunately in your case, this didn't happen.

If at all possible, I would first try to arrange a walk-through at a dealership. I realize that this might be an inconvenience but if you've never owned an RV before, it is necessary that you become familiar with your unit and its systems. If you can get an "RVing friend" to show you how to hook it up and get it there, that might be something to consider. Even if you have to pay for the fuel and negotiate with Keystone or the dealership to waive any kind of charge for the walk-through, it might be worth it.

If you can't arrange something with a dealer, do you know anyone who has a similar RV or any RV that could help you "get acquainted" so that you can familiarize yourself with the unit?

It seems like you are in a situation that you need to work around Keystone, forget about them for the time being and just "do it yourself". Trying to get assistance from them will most likely end up with you being even more frustrated with them than you are now.

I'm not familiar with what other RV manufacturers do with their Owner's Manuals. Because each manufacturer produces so many different models and styles of RV's, I somehow think that the practice of producing one generic manual for all their units is common practice in the industry.

Let us know how you make out with your walk-through and good luck.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If you go to the Airstream website you'll find the most comprehensive owner's manuals I've ever seen. They produce one manual yearly, it includes all models, but once you "single out" your individual model, all the wiring diagrams, plumbing diagrams, appliance operating instructions, locations of components, addresses/website links/phone numbers for all suppliers, plus a wealth of other information is available.

PROBLEM: That's the only owner's manual I've ever seen that is comprehensive. Most other manufacturers produce a "generic manual" for each RV brand. Some produce different covers and use the same generic manual with a "brand specific" front page while others (Keystone) simply produces one manual for everything they sell. Heck, they don't even update it annually, only "once in a while" (probably when the current printed stock runs out).

Online at each supplier's website is your best bet to get information.

As for contacting a dealer to do a walk through for you. Unless you're good friends with that dealer, it will cost you the hourly wage of the tech that does the walkthrough plus any 'profit markup" the dealer wants to add. Don't think you'll find a dealership that will spend an hour or two with you unless there's something in it for them. (ask first before you spend the $35 for diesel)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #6
Javi

At this point I think I'd skip the dealer altogether and find the local independent RV repairman... then pay him a couple of hundred to give you a beginner's course in RV setup and operation. Or, nose around the local campgrounds for someone that's handy with your type of trailer and buy them a 12 pack or a handle of their favorite adult beverage for the same course..

If I were closer, it would cost you a handle of Bulleit
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #7
SAABDOCTOR

HI THERE Team222. we have the exact trailer I will be Glad to help out with any questions just PM me any time. It is a great unit! with some minor flaws. like the clear bathroom door glass
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
Bob Landry

I would put out a request for assistance in your specific area. It may be a good investment of lunch or a 6-pack. While the KS Owners Manuals are less quality than generic, they use standard components and appliances, as does everyone else. You should be able to get the model and serial numbers off all of your appliances and call the appropriate manufacturer for manuals, etc. The ones I have called have been very helpful. Maybe they would like to keep your future business. What a refreshing thought.
Getting back to manufacturers... Their tech people are very helpful about helping you navigate their websites in search of documents and manuals, and many will just email them to you since almost everything now is online in PDF format.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
team222

First of all I want to apologize for not doing the best job in explaining......leaving out some parts of this.

1. Our unit is used.......2010 3750fl

2. We could not find a 3750fl near PA.....so I had a friend of mine that was a Ford test engr before retirement go check out this unit which was in FL
........he did not find any issues

3. I then had it transported up to PA and last weekend it was delivered, the driver set it up and put the slides out for us........then left. So we got no walk through and he did not have the time anyway. What could go wrong..after all we had the Owners Manual.

4. Every "Manufacturer Instructions" manual for ac, tv, fireplace, fridge, automatic bird feeder.... on and on was with the unit.......plus the generic Keystone Owners Manualess.

So every company that provided a major component for our 3750fl had a detailed owners manual aka "Manufacture Instructions" which I guess Keystone mandated......but Keystone provides a generic Owners Manual and sent us to these subcontactor sites for info that of course did not include Keystone specific items like explanations of items in the control panels.

5. We wanted to learn as much as we could by ourselves reading the Owners Manual which explains the disappointment. We do have friends that own a 5th wheel that will be coming over in the future to go through it with us so all is not lost which I did not make clear in my orig post.

6. Additionally.....Sunday we drove to a really nice campground an hour from our house to pick out sites we liked to practice before going fulltiming in the fall......found one and welllla......in next site one was another 3750fl. The husband was not there, but his wife did show us around......but we did not want to push it for all the details related to the control panels and all. Assuming we actually get to the campground safely this is another option.

7. In my view a model specific owners manual for any 5th wheel is simply a company that has no respect for buyers or owners and would rather save a few $ on each unit by providing a useless generic Owners Manual...but I do have to acknowledge they indeed did a great job at this!

Thanks for all your replies and I will post and update on our first short weekend trip assuming we ever get to take it safely.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
bsmith0404

Frustrating indeed! Part of the problem is that they don't always use the same components in each RV, even of the same model. You could find another 3750FL owner of the same year and find that your refrigerator, AC, water heater are all different manufacturers or models. Very difficult to put together a comprehensive owners manual with all of the information you need.

Try U-Tube, there are a lot of good videos out there that probably cover everything you need to know about the specifics of your RV. I'll never understand what prompts some of these people to post the videos they do, but some do a great job at explaining items.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote