Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
biged311

Question Third a/c on Raptor 395LEV

I purchased a raptor 395 lev last fall and the garage area doesn't cool that well so I am contemplating installing a third a/c. Does anyone have any suggestions?
biged311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Jim & DJ

No but welcome to the forum.

Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to the Forum From Western PA

CONGRATS on your new RAPTOR from a Fellow Raptor owner, ENJOY

There are a few posts on the forum addressing putting A/C in the garage. May want to do a search on AC. If I recall recall someone did it and biggest issue was getting AC power to it so they just ran a line down the side from the roof as a separate plug. Try that search

Be Safe and Happy Camping

(EDIT) Looked could not find one I was thinking of, maybe others may remember (I can not ever find my car keys)
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
jjboyz1

I have a 2013 395 LEV and also thought about adding the 3rd AC. I was told by many dealers and service guys that you can't run all 3 AC's at the same time so I didn't do the install. I'm sure you have heard this before but what helps a lot is a simple fan. I use a fan in the living space to help circulate the air to the garage it is amazing how much this helps and the best part is I only spent $49 on the fan not $1200 on the 3rd AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jjboyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjboyz1 View Post
I have a 2013 395 LEV and also thought about adding the 3rd AC. I was told by many dealers and service guys that you can't run all 3 AC's at the same time so I didn't do the install. I'm sure you have heard this before but what helps a lot is a simple fan. I use a fan in the living space to help circulate the air to the garage it is amazing how much this helps and the best part is I only spent $49 on the fan not $1200 on the 3rd AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dealer is incorrect. If you are on 50 amp service, 3 ac units would be supported. Even 4.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
Aggie Charlie

We have a 2012 Raptor 395LEV and wanted to put a third A/C in the Garage, and it would be around $2,500.00 to have it installed. The RV Dealer strongly advised against it, and stated that there is no way to run three A/C units at the same time.
Here in Texas, during Aggie Football season we have both running full blast, and they barely can keep up.
We purchased a Whytner 14,000 BTU portable A/C unit and two additional hoses with connectors, and ran the exhaust ducting out through the Exhaust Fume Vent at the right rear of the Raptor 395. It works perfect, and it cooled the Garage Area down tremendously. We shut down the A/C unit in the bedroom and left a fan running, and it worked out ok.
The exhaust ducting was run under the beds and it was pretty much out of sight and did not get in the way.
Anyways, that was our solution, and it was about $575.00 for the portable A/C unit and the additional hoses and connections.

Firestone Ride-Rites
2011 Yamaha G-29 "Drive" Golf Cart
Aggie Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Charlie View Post
We have a 2012 Raptor 395LEV and wanted to put a third A/C in the Garage, and it would be around $2,500.00 to have it installed. The RV Dealer strongly advised against it, and stated that there is no way to run three A/C units at the same time.
Here in Texas, during Aggie Football season we have both running full blast, and they barely can keep up.
We purchased a Whytner 14,000 BTU portable A/C unit and two additional hoses with connectors, and ran the exhaust ducting out through the Exhaust Fume Vent at the right rear of the Raptor 395. It works perfect, and it cooled the Garage Area down tremendously. We shut down the A/C unit in the bedroom and left a fan running, and it worked out ok.
The exhaust ducting was run under the beds and it was pretty much out of sight and did not get in the way.
Anyways, that was our solution, and it was about $575.00 for the portable A/C unit and the additional hoses and connections.
Yup. You comments support my opinion that the dealer is wrong. Stupid dealers outnumber the smart dealers unfortunately.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote