Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Bob Landry

Solar Screens

Sorry, Festus.. I just couldn't help myself. My little mind snapped and I lost control and had to do another one.

This one is solar screens around the trailer. I got the snaps put on today. I'm using E-Z-Snaps with the super sticky adhesive backing on them. I wasn't about to drill all those holes in my trailer

The screen material is made by Phifer. That's who makes the solar screen sold by Home Depot and Lowe's. I got the 90% one. E-Z-Snap also makes solar screen, but I had both companies send me samples and the only difference I could tell was that the E-z-Snap screen was twice as much.

I ran out of snaps and have to order more. I used a little closer spacing that I had originally planed on so wind wouldn't get under it and make it flap(hopefully)

I made a disposable square out of some 1/2" material to get the spacing from the window frames and marked it with two different spacing increments. After I decided which one I like, it was just a tedious process to hold it around the windows and mark the spots with a sharpie.

Anyway, Easter is a camping weekend, so the project will be to attach the screen material and get it trimmed to size.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote