Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
davidjsimons

Re-sealing windows

How often do the windows need to be re-sealed? My unit is a 2013 model and I am just curious.
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

On my Springdale I had a window that started leaking about 2.5 years after delivery. It was in the end of the slide. I can't remember if I had any other window seal leaks in RV's, but none stand out so I wouldn't consider it a "big problem" with my RV's.

I don't think there's really any "time line" on when a window seal will fail, rather it depends on a number of factors from how it was initially installed to whether there's any movement of the window frame against the trailer sidewall and a host of other factors. I watch my windows during rainstorms, just to see if there's any moisture collecting on the wall under or near the window and/or on the floor/carpet under the window. If the wall and floor are dry, I'd say the window seal is intact and time to keep on camping.

I think (just my opinion) that there's much more potential for the roof to leak around the multiple holes up there than for the windows to develop a leak. However it does happen and watching for anything wet inside is prudent.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote