Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
shartman517

Question Black Water Flush

I have a 2012 Keystone Residence 401FE and do not know where the black water flush is on my camper. I called the dealer to ask why a couple of the pipes under the bathroom sink did not have antifreeze in them after I was done winterizing. The dealer said - "oh that's probably the lines for the black water flush". First - I didn't even know there was a black water flush on the camper. And Second - "Probably" isn't the answer I was wanting to hear. I want a definate answer. Third - If these lines are for the black water flush, why do they come up into the camper - shouldn't they just connect to the tank it's self? Thank you in advance for any help.
shartman517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
Roller4Tan

they run the feed up there to provide an anti-siphon valve to the flush. Gravity will allow the water to drain into the tank when not in use. The feed side may contain water, so it needs to be blown out and winterized. The hose connector is usually outside somewhere close to your city water input.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
shartman517

Thank you so much. My camper is not too far away, so I'm going out now to look and see if I can find where the connection is and get that line winterized as well. I have not used it because I didn't know it was there. However, the dealer may have had water in it when they tested the camper before I took delivery.

Again - thank you for your help and for the prompt response.
Sharon
shartman517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
buzzcop63

$10 to $12 dollars and you can buy the hand pump kit, clear hose end threads into Black tank flush and other end has siphon hose to put into jug of RV Anti Freeze and a few pumps on the handle and the job is done. The pump is also handy to have to move fluids when needed. Sold at RV dealers, Camping World.