Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
duhameister

Issues with the TV

I have a 2012 FZ300 and the main TV a 32" Sony never picks up a air signal. I installed one in the garage and it picks up signal fine. I'm thinking it's the TV.

On a side note has anyone ever tried installing a 42" in that small slot? I was looking at it and may take some measurements tomorrow. I may have to cut some wood off the sides.
2013 KX450F
2009 KXF450
duhameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Silly question ... Is it set to pick up ANT. and has it been scanned for "Digital over the air channels". My Sonys work great. Although one of my older ones has a separate RF input for cable/sat and one for ant. They all have to be scanned each time we move for OTA or are hooked to a different cable provider. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
duhameister

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Silly question ... Is it set to pick up ANT. and has it been scanned for "Digital over the air channels". My Sonys work great. Although one of my older ones has a separate RF input for cable/sat and one for ant. They all have to be scanned each time we move for OTA or are hooked to a different cable provider. JM2¢, Hank
I think I'm doing it right. When I get somewhere it does the initial set-up and goes through where it says this can take up to 50 minutes. It picked up a channel once, but in very poor condition. I messed with the TV and changed all the cable lines that I could get to. Plus, I swapped the output that was going to the rear TV that works fine with that one and nothing.

I'm not sure what else to try at this point.
2013 KX450F
2009 KXF450
duhameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
K4BEV

Not sure if yours is the same as mine - but, if I don't turn on the preamp (located in the *bedroom - not where the TV is) I can't pick up anything.
Could be that the preamp isn't working if it is turned on - or even that the connection between the antenna and preamp or preamp and TV is open or shorted. A VOM would help you determine the coax connections integrity.

Easiest test is hook another TV and see if it works.