Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
bdking

QD question re BBQ

Hi Bob,
A question about the QD on the Weber side of the hose. Did the nipble have a check ball inside and did the quick disconnect have a check valve inside it?
Thx, Brad
bdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Bob Landry

There are no check valves. The nipple is a straight through and does nothing but actuate a plunger in the QC connector. When it's unplugged, it shuts off. Even then, the connector can possibly leak when the nipple is unplugged, so I shut it off at the trailers QC fitting.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
bdking

The nipple I just purchased has a small ball inside, I believe to make sure the direction of flow cannot be reversed. My QC has a plunger inside as yours does, I thought the plunger acted as a check valve, but as you said the plunger just opens the QC for flow.

With the setup noted above and the 5th wheel having 11WC pressure, is there enough pressure to provide amble propane to fire up the Weber to its max BTU of 8,500.

Thanks for the great job on this thread.......

Moderator's Note
bdking's question and comment were removed from Sticky and placed here as a new thread to keep Sticky as a stand alone tutorial.
bdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdking View Post
The nipple I just purchased has a small ball inside, I believe to make sure the direction of flow cannot be reversed. My QC has a plunger inside as yours does, I thought the plunger acted as a check valve, but as you said the plunger just opens the QC for flow.

With the setup noted above and the 5th wheel having 11WC pressure, is there enough pressure to provide amble propane to fire up the Weber to its max BTU of 8,500.

Thanks for the great job on this thread.......

Moderator's Note
bdking's question and comment were removed from Sticky and placed here as a new thread to keep Sticky as a stand alone tutorial.
11"WC is standard regulated pressure and plenty to run the Weber. I run a CampChef with 30K BTU burners off my trailer connection and it makes short work of a pan of fish.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 10-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
thekid

Bob, Where did you get the hose?
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid View Post
Bob, Where did you get the hose?
From a propane dealer in Austin, but you can buy them anywhere. Just ask for a Low Pressure propane hose. 1t will come with connectors and you'll have to buy the appropriate adapters.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 10-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
webslave

I've made all sorts of mods to my LP appliances; Weber 120 and Campfire-in-a-Can for myself and many Weber grills for friends. I get all of my parts from these folks:

http://caloreequipment.com/products/...cts-plugs.html

They sell all the hoses and connectors you could ever possibly want. Just make sure that for the low pressure systems that you use the "250" series of connectors; they are the proper connectors for our RV systems.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote