Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
usaclark

iRV Display Issue

We recently purchased a 2014 Premier Bullet that came equipped with an iRV Car DVD/CD Receiver (EX6500DVD). Is there a way to turn off the display entirely? The blue light is so bright we have to hang a towel over it at night. I have read through the instruction manual and cannot find an answer there. In addition, I have done a Google Search and cannot even find information on iRV as a company. I hope someone out there can help or point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for your tireless assistance.
usaclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
B&T

Looks to be hard to find the company--

Found this document:
http://www.greatexportimport.com/b-bestek_inc/3664339

Importer: Bestek Inc Imported from: Sensor Industries Ltd

Probably no help but good luck!
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

usaclark -
I would suggest doing one of two things:

1) Take out the stereo/DVD find the 12v supply and install an ON/OFF switch. This will accomplish two things: Turn it off and you will get rid of that annoying blue light and it will save a bit of parasitic draw on your battery at the same time.

2) The "lazy man's" solution - pull the fuse for that circuit. It is, however, probably on the same circuit as your propane detector. So if you pull the fuse, you're losing both.

Your choice. Let us know how you made out. Oh yes, just providing "tireless assistance" at no charge.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
usaclark

Good Ideas

I appreciate any and all ideas. I will pull it out tomorrow and take a look. I like the idea of inserting and on/off switch. This would also help prolong my battery life while the unit is just sitting.

Thanks Again,
usaclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #5
neveser

I noticed this had never been updated.

Anyone try a mod like the one mentioned? I'm a bit worried about the drain on the battery from the DVD player if we were to do some boondocking.

Wouldn't putting the switch on the yellow only turn off the memory? Doesn't it make more sense to put the switch on the red?
neveser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #6
Cfoxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post
I noticed this had never been updated.

Anyone try a mod like the one mentioned? I'm a bit worried about the drain on the battery from the DVD player if we were to do some boondocking.

Wouldn't putting the switch on the yellow only turn off the memory? Doesn't it make more sense to put the switch on the red?
Red if you want to keep your memory, both yellow and red if you want to eliminate all parasitic draw from the radio.
Cfoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote