Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Jim Dow

Grey Water Galley Tank? 2011 Montana High Country

Does a 2011 Montana High Country 5er have a Galley grey water tank in addition to the one controlled by the single grey water dump handle in the control center where the city water hookup is located.

Water is standing in my kitchen sink; and I have already taken the P-trap off to find it completely clear. I drained the grey water tank and the sink is still standing in water.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Jim, I'd almost bet the bank that you have two gray tanks. Your profile doesn't state what model you have, so it's a "best guess" as to where the handle for the sink gray tank is located. If you have a rear kitchen model, it's probably behind the axle, just aft of the driver's side slide. If you have a center/front kitchen, it's probably located either between the axles or just in front of them. Look for a "T" handle, tucked way up next to the coroplast (black plastic bottom) of your RV. They are usually pretty well hidden, but once you find it, you'll always remember where it's located. Often they stick out of a hole in the I Beam frame or they are attached with a steel strap to the bottom of the I Beam. Unfortunately, sometimes the "T" handle works loose and all you will find is a 1/8" steel screw post sticking out, so look closely and very carefully......

It's there, most likely behind the rear axle on the highway side......

Good luck, pretend it's spring and close to Easter.... That way you can hunt for that "Easter egg"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
Jim Dow

Prompt Reply - Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll certainly take a close look.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Herap

More than likely you have two gray tanks. The handle for the "kitchen" tank should be on the street side somewhere aft of the axles near the frame.

Ray
Old 07-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
WaltBennett

Montana models usually have them coming through the frame near or between the wheels on the street side (usually beneath a slide so their hard to reach unless it's in!).

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Dhuhn

Jim my high country has a dump valve just in front of the tires on the I beam it's for galley grey tank.

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
wbatto

Two Gray Tanks

Hello Jim,
We just bought a 381 fuzion TH. The Literature said it only had one gray tank, when in fact it had two fourtys. My handle is on the drivers side under the tip-out just forward of the first axel in the frame. I would have been in the same boat as you but when I first got it I was cleaning the tires and looked up and the handle was right in front of my face.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #8
malexander

re: 4 tanks

Well, I have to chime in here, for what it's worth.

I have a 2008 Challenger 33DBB. It's the bunkhouse model with 1 1/2 baths, it has 4, 30 gallon waste tanks. All the valves are placquarded on the side of the trailer, but, no one (dealership) knew what drained into what tank.

I got it on my driveway, fill a tank, opening valves, fill a tank, opening valves, etc, several times. Turns out, the black and grey labled valves in the "hookup compartment" on the side, drain only the main bath tanks. The valve under the trailer, in front of the axles, drain the kitchen sink tank. The valve in the rear, marked waste tank, drain the 1/2 bath (toilet & lav both drain into the same tank).

The monitor shows bath 1 & bath 2.
Bath 1 is main bath, black-toilet only, grey-shower/lav.
Bath 2 is kit & rear 1/2 bath, black-rear bath, grey-kitchen sink.

Sort of made a mess on the driveway, but I like figuring things out and it was kind of fun.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #9
Pmedic4

Cougar 291RLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatto View Post
Hello Jim,
We just bought a 381 fuzion TH. The Literature said it only had one gray tank, when in fact it had two fourtys. My handle is on the drivers side under the tip-out just forward of the first axel in the frame. I would have been in the same boat as you but when I first got it I was cleaning the tires and looked up and the handle was right in front of my face.
I wouldn't say the Cougar HC literature says only 1 gray tank, it just says Gray Water capacity is 56 gallons. It has the 2 28 gallon gray tanks, and the valve handle for one is in easy to see, plain site. The other is hidden right where you say, in front of the first axle, a small black knob, right next to the black frame, so almost impossible to see in because of the shielding from the wheel well cover. It is labeled on the side above on the 5ver, but as a single small little label, it's definitely not obvious. I crawled around under the trailer for 15 minutes looking for it - duh, on the second trip out when the sink was half full.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
Jim Dow

Found GALLEY Grey Water Dump Handle

Thanks for all the help. Well, I finally found the galley grew water tank dump valve handle (2011 Montana High Country). It was on the vertical I-beam just in front of the first axel/wheel on the driver's side - no label or marker. If my son hadn't put his hand on the wheel to brace himself while looking under the trailer, he would not have seen it - it's black too. It worked fine when we found it.

Earlier, I called the service center where I had purchased the trailer; and the service manager a) had no idea where to look and b) would not interrupt any technician to find out where he thought it might be. The service manager did suggest that I bring the trailer in so that they could locate it under my extended warranty program - now that's customer service! BS!!! Just offer me a suggestion and let me pull the handle rather than have me tear down my camp and have me drive 30 miles in order to pull the handle - a half day effort on my part. I am not impressed by their complete lack of customer care.

However, thanks to those helping on this forum; I got the job done!