Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #21
schwalbach

Just my two cents worth:

I support the efforts of the moderator's, it is very time consuming, but with that being said, I have spent many searches to only find numerous threads that don't address the EXACT problem. I do feel the person posting should give it a shot with the search, and then if he is overwhelmed or does not find what he needs to post the question.

In some cases the moderators are a little quick to respond to do the search, and it effectively shuts down any new input on the subject. I understand the reason is to keep similar threads from developing.

On the subject of similar threads, does it really hurt anything? It usually takes the question in a similar direction as the first one, but more times than not it develops a whole new conversation and drifts in another direction with new viewpoints.

If there is a pattern of similar threads then maybe there should be a thread of most common requested questions in each section, moving the thread there. First two that come to mind is "LED lights' and "rear hitch". these may be under the individual sections but could be in the FAQ section for example. On the new thread section, maybe a header of checking the FAQ section first to be sure the question is not already there?

Again the moderators are doing a great job and is very time consuming, I applaud their efforts and discouraging anyone from targeting them for trying to keep the forum clean. Just some suggestions.

2012 Keystone Laredo 275SBH
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
schwalbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #22
Festus2
Site Team

schwalbach -
Thanks for your constructive comments on the use of the search function. Your point about someone becoming overwhelmed by going through all of the previous threads and posts looking for an answer is a valid one. In view of this, in future when I refer someone to do a search, I will also encourage the person to return to the thread and repost the question or simply say, "I've gone through the posts and can't find what I am looking for". A good suggestion - thank you.

In regards to your second suggestion about placing headers in the FAQ section (or something similar), I'm not sure how effective that would be. I find that in many cases, new members often don't take enough time to familiarize themselves with many of the forum features, policies or forum categories and descriptors. For example, in their "rush" to submit a question, they often post it in the New Member Check In forum or in some other category totally unrelated to the question. You might be surprised in the number of posts that need to be moved from one area to another to keep the topics placed in the most appropriate section. I guess what I am trying to say is that placing more instructions and guidelines doesn't always produce the desired results.

I would hope that by asking a person to use the search feature doesn't send a signal to others that any further input is not welcome. This request is not intended to shut off further discussion and if members want to answer the question or provide suggestions then they should feel completely free to do so.

I do appreciate your suggestions.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #23
schwalbach

I agree with the second point, again not bashing the admin's, just giving a objective perception and suggestion-

Keep up the good work, and don't let this get you down, I have gleaned a wealth of information from this site and would like to continue to get answers, ideas, etc. As a group there is many ways to look at things.

Thanks again for the great job!

2012 Keystone Laredo 275SBH
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
schwalbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #24
Barryman

Hey guys,
Sorry, didn't mean to open up a can of worms. I'm new to the trailer thing and new to the forum thing. Now I know I can search for a topic. If I search and can't find it.....I'll post. Happy Memorial Day guys and gals!! Remember the fallen....
Barryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #25
Festus2
Site Team

Barryman -
No need to apologize - you just asked a question and didn't open up the can. We're the ones who got sidetracked. Glad to hear that you are now able to use the search function when necessary. Now, did you ever get your question answered? LOL
Old 05-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
Barryman

Festus,
I did get it answered, thanks. I did take off my spare tire and put it under our bed, but have decided not to mount a bike rack. I would be more concerned with them falling off and injuring someone behind me rather than messing up the bikes. Fir this trip this weekend, we are up at Flying Flags in Buellton and put towels down in the trailer and put them inside. I know it's not ideal, but it will have to work while I figure out other options. Thanks anyways!
Barryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #27
schwalbach

just another thought, see attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0004.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	3199   Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0005.jpg
Views:	98