Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
kingji

Springdale Front Stabilizers

I just took my new Springdale 279 on its first hunting trip for a week. Everything worked well. My only big annoyance was the rocking and rolling of the RV. I think Keystone cut the corners a little to close on the front landing gear equipment. Seems they have way too much play in the tubes. Anybody else having same concerns?
Thanks Jimmy
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Jim W

If you have a 5er, than this is a common complaint. 90% of all 5er's tend to rock a little do to the way the suspension is pinned to the frame. Some type of additional support is requirred to help resolve this issue but this will not eliminate all movement.

The first most of us have tried with some success is the KING PIN tri-pod support. This will help but you will then still have some rocking. The most important feature about this device is, this will help to prevent you from hitting your head on the king pin.

The second thing some of us have also used are wheel chocks that expand against the tires. Such as a pair of Roto-Chucks. This device expands against the tires between the front and rear tire. This prevents again some movement and the trail exibits less rocking making the trailer exceptable to walk in.

The best and from what I have read will eliminate 95% to 100% of the trailer rocking. Are frame supports that lock into the front landing legs at the feet and are supported by the frame. This is additional bracing that are like cantilevered struts that are adjusted each and every time when you set up. Trailer Life ran an aritcal about two or three months ago on them and rated them as excellent investment for the 5er.

Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
JerJan10

What is product?

Jim, are you talking about the JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizer™ or something similar??? Thanks, JT
JerJan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Dutch & Di

We have used our permanently mounted stabilizer system, Plug It Right brand, for 5 years and are very pleased with the elimination of movement inside the 5th wheel. Diana
Dutch & Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #5
Jim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerJan10 View Post
Jim, are you talking about the JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizer™ or something similar??? Thanks, JT
Yes, I am. I believe these were reviewed in one of the recent issues of Trailer Life and were given a very good review.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote