Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
halfprice

All cleaned and ready to go

Got up early this morning. Climbed up on the roof and got it all washed and clean. Then washed the outside and cleaned the windows.

This evening I'll climb back up the roof and give it a treatment of roof protectant. I just got my shipment of 303 protectant so I'll hit all the decals. Several are peeling. If the 303 doesn't help the decals will be coming off. Waiting for the heat to die down a bit.

Tomorrow I'll be treating the fresh water tank with bleach. Run it thought the lines and let it sit for a while before draining.

Of course I picked the hottest day of the year so far here on So Cal. I was hoping to get a coat of wax on her but that will have to wait for a cooler day.

Getting ready for the first trip this year. Heading to the Kern River next month. Its a while away but thought I would get everything clean now before the 100* heat gets here.

Jerry

2008 Keystone Springdale 242FWRLSSR 5th wheel
2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
16K Super Glide Sliding Hitch
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
jsmith948

We've been in the same mode here. Washed and treated the roof. Put a good coat of '303' on everything. Got the shelf under the galley sink installed for the DW and even cleaned all of the tarnished compartment latches. Getting into the 90's here (but it's a dry heat ) but with the old Santa Anna's blowing down your way I'll bet you're hotter than we are - good old Sunny Cal

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
halfprice

Yep it hit 95* here today. That's why I'm waiting for this evening to finish everything up.

2008 Keystone Springdale 242FWRLSSR 5th wheel
2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
16K Super Glide Sliding Hitch
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote