Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
FRANANDTOMMY

MAINTENANCE OF 2010 Laredo TT

what are the suggestions for cleaning and waxing products for the outside of the unit?

also, what about a water repellant spray for the awning????
FRANANDTOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

You'll probably get a variety of suggestions for cleaning/waxing products for the RV exterior. Everyone has their own favourite. A few members, including myself, use Nu-Finish which is easily recognized by its familiar orange plastic bottle. It isn't pricey but I have used it for years on all my vehicles and RV's. Very good value for the money, IMO.

I don't use anything on the awning to repel water as fabric does a good job of this. If I were to use anything to protect the fabric, I would use Aerospace303 Protectant. This multi-use product is excellent for keeping your slide seals flexible and "slippery" and can also be used on your rubber roof as it is EPDM compatible. You will be able to use it on your awning and should get good results with it. It isn't so much of a cleaner as a protectant - the surface should be cleaned before you use the Aerospace. It's an excellent product, reasonably priced and is readily available.