Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2021, 10:43 AM   #21
glendar10

Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Hi Everyone! Newbies here!! Had a question about our 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BH. Ok, on the Command panel it has a spot to turn the air conditioner on/off, but NOTHING about the heater????? Is the only heat source coming from the fireplace?? And if so, can you use that all night and is there a way to turn off those lights??? I know this seems like a silly quesiton, but I guess we just never thought a trailer this expensive didn't have a heater???? Oh my-are we novices!! Thanks in advance!!
Try setting it to auto on in command
glendar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:09 PM   #22
wobly

We have a 2019 29BHS. We don't have the fireplace, but I helped a friend a couple of weeks ago with his new Cougar that had one. For the fireplace, you should have a remote for it. That's how they work. They have options for low and high fan, along with different colored lights and intensity. It does provide heat or not, depending on the settings. Bottom line, there should be a remote for the fireplace.

For the InCommand system, there are a couple of things I would recommend. First, update the software through the OTA (Over The Air)menu. To do that, you would have to be connected to wifi or you can download the firmware updates to your computer and put them on a flash drive. You would then plug that flash drive into the USB port on the bottom of the screen. (Hot tip: You can plug in a wired mouse to that port if you hate touching the screen) After you have the firmware files on the drive and the drive in the USB port, you can run the update process.

If you haven't done it already, on your phone, in the app, you should synch your floorplan. That lets your phone know what floorplan it should be working with instead of just the basic information.

For the heat, in our case, we do not have a "front" A/C unit, but anytime we have to adjust the temperature, we have to go to the "rear" A/C unit in the menu. Once there, you tap the function circle on the left that will cycle through Off, Fan, A/C, Heat. The heat function will operate the propane furnace that is physically located under the refrigerator.

Hope this info helps out!
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #23
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav6662 View Post
I am having the same issue and have found nothing that helps. I do assume it relates to the floor plan not being correct in the In-Command system but I have reset it and reloaded and nothing new. The only thing I can think of is that the software or Firmware on In-Command needs to be updated, which I would have thought would have been done at install or at the least by the dealership. I am concerned I will mess stuff up if I update it......but that is likely my next step. Right now I should be able to see heat pump, gas furnace and AC...Only see AC!

Let me know if you have found anything else....Thanks
If you contact in command they will send you a Zip drive with the updates on it. Or you can go on line and get them. I found it easier to get them from in command.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:53 AM   #24
catmama6

i had the same problem. I finally figured out in ours (29MBS) that the Hvac needs to be on back AC(not front) in order to get to the heater. Hope that helps.
We use the fireplace first thing in the morning if we are on full hookups to take the chill out.
Enjoy!
catmama6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:50 PM   #25
carmarech

We have a 2021 Keystone Montana with the In Command control panel. Someone already said the heater is turned on and off on the back ac screen. Once you're on this screen press the mode button until heat displays then set your desired temperature and you're good to go. Good luck!
carmarech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 06:38 AM   #26
khosier

Welcome the treads are right the heat is only connected to one AC. On mine the front AC only has the Cool, Fan and OFF the rear AC has the heat function. Do you have your on command on your phone. Really handy having it on your phone. My DW has me opening and closing the vents everytime she cooks to avoid the smoke alarm. Doing from the phone even setting outside is really nice. Opening and closing the awning being able to see it is also very nice. Have fun I know you will get it working.
khosier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace