Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2021, 03:48 AM   #1
Pawlie35

Bunkhouse HOT!!

Hello All...I have a 2021 Bullet 330BHS. While camping durning last fall and running the heater, the rear bunk house is HOT! The heater is located in the rear right under the bunks. Anyone have suggestions to insulate or redirect the heat so the bunk house isn't 90 while the rest of the camper is 70?
Pawlie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:40 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

A lot of folks (us included) only use the heater on mornings where the temps outside are near freezing to take the chill off and use ceramic electric heaters to keep the cabin warm. You could also block off the heater register in the bunkhouse.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:48 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

If you can access the space where the furnace is, I would first check to make sure all the ducts are connected. You could block the register in the bunk area, but it may cause the over limit switch to shut off the furnace. Another option would be lining the space with a heat barrier like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Tec-13...96689151&psc=1

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:57 AM   #4
Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawlie35 View Post
Hello All...I have a 2021 Bullet 330BHS. While camping durning last fall and running the heater, the rear bunk house is HOT! The heater is located in the rear right under the bunks. Anyone have suggestions to insulate or redirect the heat so the bunk house isn't 90 while the rest of the camper is 70?
Do you have floor registers?

I had to change my stock, not-adjustable floor registers to some that had a wheel to adjust the vanes, from open to closed, so all the hot air did not come up the nearest register.