Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2021, 09:31 PM   #1
Kodt

Support jacks/base?

Hey everyone I have a 28BHS hideout. I'm looking to park permanently. I've seen some trailers with what looks like a base/foundation around them usually looks like wood and I have no idea what that's called when googling. If anyone has any idea what those are called I'd appreciate the info.

I'm also wondering what kind of extra support Jack's I could/should get for something that is going to be used often but not moved much.

Any info or ideas help! Thanks everyone!
Kodt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:40 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The first statement is, "It's going to be parked permanently" then the last statement is, "but not moved much"...

If it's going to be parked permanently, put it on concrete pillars (Lowe's or HD) and permanently skirt it with plastic "mobile home skirting"...

If it's "not moved much" then consider buying a set of adjustable RV "screw jacks" and supplement the existing stabilizers, keep the tires covered and aired up to maximum recommended pressure. Develop a temporary skirting, something like vinyl tarp material that snaps onto the J-wrap and is held in place with sand bags or other weights so it won't blow with the wind.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:47 AM   #3
Kodt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The first statement is, "It's going to be parked permanently" then the last statement is, "but not moved much"...

If it's going to be parked permanently, put it on concrete pillars (Lowe's or HD) and permanently skirt it with plastic "mobile home skirting"...

If it's "not moved much" then consider buying a set of adjustable RV "screw jacks" and supplement the existing stabilizers, keep the tires covered and aired up to maximum recommended pressure. Develop a temporary skirting, something like vinyl tarp material that snaps onto the J-wrap and is held in place with sand bags or other weights so it won't blow with the wind.
Sorry about that was writing at like 5am.

Once its moved 10 ft from where it's at now it wont be moved unless it needs to go in for some major repair work or something along those lines.

With the pillars do you have any advice on placement? I've heard people say putting jacks/supports in the wrong areas could cause damage if ur main front jack goes out?
Kodt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:02 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

RV screw jacks are cheap and come in 4 packs I believe. Buy 2 and space them out evenly on both frames and you shouldn’t have any problems.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks