Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2021, 05:37 PM   #1
Frisbeekev

Towing on rough roads

Just got back to MD from florida and dont know if it is me but it seems that towing the travel trailer amplifies every bump, dip or pavement blemish. Sometimes pretty drastically. Maybe i noticed it more because i haven't towed since November, maybe i have something set up wrong or its just the nature lf the beast. Has anyone else noticed this?

My tow vehicle is a 2016 f250 crew cab short bed 6.2 gas and i use a weight distribution hitch.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:01 PM   #2
K_N_L

Guessing you took I-95 ? Just did the round trip from VA to FL and noted that parts of NC and SC are pretty torn up. Georgia re-worked most of their roads about 10 year back and is IMO the best, but its only about 110 miles. As for towing amplifying the bumps, believe that TT get it worse than 5v'ers. However there are some bad bridge transitions that really bounce things around on I-95...

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:05 PM   #3
jasin1

I just started another post about the same thing this morning..“lane choice” ...the Carolinas are a rough stretch to get through.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
Frisbeekev

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_L View Post
Guessing you took I-95 ? Just did the round trip from VA to FL and noted that parts of NC and SC are pretty torn up. Georgia re-worked most of their roads about 10 year back and is IMO the best, but its only about 110 miles. As for towing amplifying the bumps, believe that TT get it worse than 5v'ers. However there are some bad bridge transitions that really bounce things around on I-95...
Yeah went down 95. Yeah bridge transitions were bad and there were some places the stopped paving and didnt smooth it out and it just dropped off. The carolinas were very bad. Thinking of getting better tires for the RV to maybe help a bit
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #5
bobbecky

Tires really won't make any difference, but slowing down will or a different route.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing