Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2020, 09:52 AM   #21
pganarchist

[QUOTE=Apalinto;386138]Hello to the group. So while staying isolated I thought I would bring our Cougar 315RLS home from storage for a wash and wax and my batteries were dead. 2 deep cycle 6 volt interstates wired in series that I had switched off last August. So I brought my batteries home for servicing and charging.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 10 watt mini solar panel and utilize an adapter cable to connect the SAE plug from the solar panel to the Furrion plug inlet on the trailer which is already wired to my batteries. I am wondering if anyone in the group has any feedback on this project?

I really like the panel listed below because it has an integrated controller and I can easily bolt it to my motorcycle rack which has great exposure to the sun while in storage and easily plug the cable to my side access Furrion plug.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XNZZHK5...v_ov_lig_dp_it

So I'm not an electrician but I have a sprinter and I absolutely love that idea one of the main things you're going to need is one or two extra batteries to rotate through at least two if not three that way basically if you're camping you're just feeling one up while you're using one all the time and you can do the same thing if it's in storage but obviously you just leave them on a solar panel my friend Google said it should only take like 5 hours to charge that battery that's why you rotate them all the time or you and you have three of them so that way if you have a couple ****ty days you got back up but good luck I'm going to look into the same thing man as you do it right it's it's definitely worth it
pganarchist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar