Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #1
mrollins12

Toilet not draining

I have a 28bhs. Our toilet is not draining. I have opened the black tank valve to see if that was the issue. It wasn’t. I have read that toilet paper could be stuck in the pipes and yes I have the right toilet paper. Is there another solution I could try? I had read about pouring boiling water down the toilet- has anyone tried this?
mrollins12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

A complete blockage? When the black tank valve is opened "nothing at all" comes out? Do you have a clear fitting to see exactly what does or doesn't come out? Could the pull handle be disconnected from the blade valve?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:06 AM   #3
travelin texans

Either the valve is not opening or you've got the dreaded "poop pyramid" which is blocking it.
The valve would be the easiest, but if the tank if full it's not going to be pretty, unless you're lucky enough the it just came loose from the gate.
If it's the pyramid, it's a PITA to remove, gonna take a hose down the toilet to slowly break up that pile of s##t so it'll drain & also not pretty.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
Pull Toy

Now the most obvious question... is it already empty? Don't trust the gauges, they're usually wrong. Take a flashlite, and look down the hole. As a last resort, you can try using a stick as a dip stick. Wear gloves, and work in a "hose friendly area". It could get messy real quick.

If the problem really is a clog it won't be pretty. To avoid it happening again, once you resolve it, always keep your dump valves closed until you are ready to dump. This adds a much better water to waste ratio, and you'll drain more effectively. If your on city water, fill the tank up before dumping. Dump BLACK first, then use GREY to flush out the pipe and hoses. Lots of water is the trick.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
notanlines

I believe the OP just purchased this RV new, and only three weeks ago. By that I believe we can probably rule out the poo pyramid. I'd like to know more about the actions of the pull cables and the labels on them. And by 'toilet not draining' I wonder if it is the actual toilet or the black tank itself.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:21 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I believe the OP just purchased this RV new, and only three weeks ago. By that I believe we can probably rule out the poo pyramid. I'd like to know more about the actions of the pull cables and the labels on them. And by 'toilet not draining' I wonder if it is the actual toilet or the black tank itself.
My thoughts exactly.

OP, How many times have you used the trailer in the short time you have owned it???? You show a different trailer in your profile. The Hideout 28bhs has three holding tanks ( two gray and one black) are you emptying all three? Pull handles are not all in the same location. Look for another pull handle on both sides of the wheels. You may have two outlets and need another hose. Check for this before you pull any new handle you find. As mentioned get a clear elbow so you can see what is dumping. Good luck and keep us informed of progress, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, toilet