Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
Tom08

26lhswe

I have a 2020 hideout 26LHSWE. On the side of the rig it has a coaxial that says “satellite prep”. Is this where the input for campsite that has cable line goes in? I assume it’s hooked up to the tv console? The rig does have the tv antenna as well. I’m not sure how it can detect between valve vs antenna signal when there is only one output at the console.
Tom08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If your trailer is equipped with the KeyTV box, that box automatically detects which signal is incoming and automatically switches the electronics to accept and process that signal. Whether it's Satellite, Cable, or an over the air coax that's applied to the connector, the KeyTV system switches it to be processed automatically... As long as you've got the "power light" lit on the KeyTV box, it's "supposedly working"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
Tom08

I don’t have the keytv box. I just have coaxial box with the boost button for the antenna and a box next to it with two coaxial cable that has a coaxial loop connected to it.
Tom08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

It's VOODOO magic. In order for it to, you must offer the voodoo gods whiskey and Cuban cigars by leaving them on the picnic table of the site next to you (that's if I'm camped next to you). Of course I jest. John has given you the info but perhaps this link will help.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:29 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom08 View Post
I don’t have the keytv box. I just have coaxial box with the boost button for the antenna and a box next to it with two coaxial cable that has a coaxial loop connected to it.
Then you have the "old setup".

The "satellite/cable" connector on the sidewall is where you connect either input. Inside, you'll find two "outlet boxes" One will have a jumper cable connecting them and the other will be the TV antenna power booster.

For satellite, remove the jumper, determine which is out, connect the out to your satellite receiver, connect the in to the panel and turn the antenna booster off.

For cable TV, leave the jumper cable connected, turn the antenna booster off and scan your TV for "cable channels"

For OTA (antenna reception) leave the jumper cable connected, turn the antenna booster on and set your TV for OTA and scan for channels.

Essentially, every time you change inputs, you have to reset the TV and rescan for channels.

Remember, Cable or satellite, booster off, OTA booster on.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote