Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
Spletbr

Fairview gas regulator showing green and red

New trailer and hence new regulator. In the driveway was working fine but know the regulator shows red and green. I thought it should be either green (when the tank the switch is pointing to has gas or red (when it’s flipped to the other tank). Any ideas why both green and red show?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05777DC4-BEF4-4C42-8BA4-2AD7009CE62F.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	25267  
Spletbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #2
bobbecky

I replaced our original regulator several years ago, and used a Marshall Excelsior, and when it's in the green position, I can still see some red, but when it goes red, no green is visible, and it works just fine. Just to test it, with both tank valves open, turn off the tank valve that is currently feeding the regulator, and it should automatically switch internally to the other tank and at the same time the indicator should turn full red. If it does this, don't worry about it, it's working just fine. If it doesn't work this way and your trailer is still under warranty, get it replaced. This is what our indicator looks like when in the green position. It goes full red with no green showing when the tank goes empty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regulator.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	25266  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:49 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

When mine is almost empty the regulator will have red creep into the green. When completely empty and switched it turns to full red. Bobbecky gave a good suggestion on how to make sure it is working properly.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
I replaced our original regulator several years ago, and used a Marshall Excelsior, and when it's in the green position, I can still see some red, but when it goes red, no green is visible, and it works just fine. Just to test it, with both tank valves open, turn off the tank valve that is currently feeding the regulator, and it should automatically switch internally to the other tank and at the same time the indicator should turn full red. If it does this, don't worry about it, it's working just fine. If it doesn't work this way and your trailer is still under warranty, get it replaced. This is what our indicator looks like when in the green position. It goes full red with no green showing when the tank goes empty.
Interesting responses here, mine is like yours, with both tanks correctly turned on when the tank the handle is pointing at is drained, the indicator goes half red half green. This tells me the tank that the handle is pointing at is empty, the other tank is in use and has gas. When I swing the handle to the now in use tank the indicator goes back to all green. I replace the empty tank and it remains green.
This is my second regulator of the same design and indication.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas