Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2020, 04:44 AM   #1
Ranchhand

2019 Cougar 369BHS

So long story short. The wife and I bought are first camper about a year ago which was a used 2014 Cougar 330 RBK and have come to the conclusion that camping is something we both enjoy. We are thinking about upgrading and buying a new Cougar 369BHS. It is not what I consider the perfect floorplan for us but after searching numerous different brands and styles I think it is the best fit. Does anyone have any complaints about theres or wish they had done something different. A couple of the big things for us was a bunkhouse, outside kitchen, a bed that went in and out with the slide in the master and to try and keep gross and tongue weights about the same as I have now and auto leveling. A feature that will make it nicer for the wife when she goes by herself. Any input would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin
Ranchhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:20 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Be careful when you say the floor plan “will work”. I’ve seen customers think that and then trade in the next year, taking a big hit. With that in mind, just make sure the dealership does a thorough PDI. Use the checklist here on the forum and let the dealer know your going to bring it and check off everything.

You can buy a new trailer and someone else can buy the very next one that came off the line and they won’t have the same issues, so my advise: make sure the floor plan is what you want, make sure the PDI is done properly and enjoy!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:35 AM   #3
Ranchhand

Thanks Chuckster57 and I agree I do not want to buy a camper that we are not happy with. The only thing the 369 does not have that I would really like is a couch that is long enough for me to lay down on. I am a little over 6 foot tall. There is not very many floorplans that have a big couch. I just can not find any floorplan of any brand or model that checks all of my boxes.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:43 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Odds are you never will, too many different buyers. As long as you can live without certain things then go for it. I’ll be waiting to hear what you end up buying.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchhand View Post
The wife and I bought are first camper about a year ago which was a used 2014 Cougar 330 RBK and have come to the conclusion that camping is something we both enjoy. We are thinking about upgrading and buying a new Cougar 369BHS.

Thanks

Kevin
your kind of going the opposite way we did. we were looking at the 16 version of the 369BHS and while we were thinking about it on our summer holidays they sold it and there were no more left so we ended up buying at 2016 330RBK. having used the 330 RBK for three years we are kind of glad it ended up happening this way. with the BHS you have the extra slide on the "campfire side" I found that not having that slide on that side made us narrow enough to still fit in a lot of campsites that would be unavailable with that double side slide. another thing is when that slide is out and you are cooling with the outdoor kitchen you are almost cut off from the rest of the people by that slide.

on the interior I love the kitchen/living room area but I would miss the second entry into the bathroom directly from the bedroom.

they are both beautiful 5ths and I am not sure if the 16 version of the rbk is different than your 14 at all , maybe the auto leveling I have? but I know it would take a lot to make me change units before I owned this one at least 10 years

steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:04 AM   #6
Ranchhand

Stircrazy I also agree that the kitchen is kind of stuck behind the slide and secluded but most of are actual cooking is done on a portable Coleman grill that I think we would grill under the awning of the slide. Another question I thought of recently is does your 2016 have two grey water tanks. My 2014 does and I believe one is dedicated to the sink in the outside kitchen. It appears to me from what I have read (and I could be wrong) that the new ones only have one grey tank.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #7
ronheater70

We have one

We bought ours near end of summer, also a 2019. We Love it. We have had 2 forestriver TT prior. The One we traded for the COugar was a 2018 Cheorkee Limited 304bh. We looked at several models for 3 months or so before deciding on this as our first 5'vr. I have a single rear weel one ton and some other models I liked I felt were putting me in dually territory, this one checked all the boxes for what we want.
We have 6 children but only 2 still living at home. The girls always bring friends camping and room is really not an issue. The kitchen works fine, really no issues trying to cook or tight fitting. Outdoor kitchen works well also, only complaint is that if you are grillin in outdoor kitchen smoke can enter up into the bunkhouse on a windy day. Have not been anywhere thus far that having opposing slides has been a fit issue in campgrounds, but admittedly that could happen depending on site. Our 2018 we had before this one had only 3 slides, but they were on both sides as well so really no difference for us. Good bit of storage available.
Tows very nice, and no issues so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	25000   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0686.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	25001  
Old 01-30-2020, 07:15 AM   #8
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchhand View Post
Stircrazy I also agree that the kitchen is kind of stuck behind the slide and secluded but most of are actual cooking is done on a portable Coleman grill that I think we would grill under the awning of the slide. Another question I thought of recently is does your 2016 have two grey water tanks. My 2014 does and I believe one is dedicated to the sink in the outside kitchen. It appears to me from what I have read (and I could be wrong) that the new ones only have one grey tank.
yup, I have two grey tanks one is for the front bathroom and shower, the other for the kitchen and outdoor kitchen. I would be surprised if the 396 only had 1, the 2016 model had 2. its a long way to plumb a pipe and get a proper slope.

I have two coalman stoves that I used to pack, never got used haha.. we use the stove on the outdoor kitchen, the Weber BBQ, and my Green mountain grills pellet smoker I take with us that I set up by the outdoor kitchen, other wide we use the stove inside.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar