Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
May

Question 2007 Keystone Springdale 299bhds

I just bought a new (new to me) used trailer... 2007 Keystone Springdale 299bhds.
Where can I buy some parts for it ?

My son convinced me to buy it for us... and I did based on him inspecting it.

I went up this week-end to start cleaning and it needs some urgent parts...

1. The window screen in the kitchen is in great shape (but missing 3 of the 4 clips to hold it in place)

2. The dome thingy in the bathroom that can crank open to let in fresh air, let out steam, has a big crack in it... Should I replace the dome thingy (No clue what to call it), or just look at getting some kind of an epoxy or all weather caulking (in clear if possible so it's not so noticeable)... ? Any suggestions ?

3. I also appear to have a leak in the toilet (only used it twice), but there is water that keeps pooling on the floor (this was after I had scrubbed down and washed the entire bathroom... so it was dry, then re-pooled after using the foot flush push thing...

Cheers !
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated !
I'm covered in mosquito bites ! OMG it was horrible... thank goodness this past weekend was indoors cleaning (and next weekend will be cleaning non stop as well inside)
May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
Tbos

2007 Keystone Springdale 299bhds

1. Try Trekwood or a local RV shop for the screen hooks.
2. The vent can be replaced but a piece of eternabond tape over the crack may hold it for now.
3. The toilet flush valve may be cracked. If it’s the way I think it is, it’s an easy replacement.

Mosquitos love me too. Need to wear bug stuff all the time.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
Logan X

In addition to Trekwood, etrailer.com has a lot of good RV parts and accessories. I’ve also had good luck finding parts on Amazon and Walmart.com.

Congratulations on your new trailer!
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
1. Try Trekwood or a local RV shop for the screen hooks.
2. The vent can be replaced but a piece of eternabond tape over the crack may hold it for now.
3. The toilet flush valve may be cracked. If it’s the way I think it is, it’s an easy replacement.

Mosquitos love me too. Need to wear bug stuff all the time.
@Tbos-1. I sent Trekwood an email (they had no clips on the website, but odd that they had a picture for my make/model...) Thanks-they seem to be the only one online that you can search for parts by make/model
2. Eternabond tape-hmmm... I'll go on the hunt ! I've been watching some videos on how to replace it, and I think I'll use an all season clear caulk, and then I'm going to put in a couple of these Maxxair vent covers over top...(after a thorough cleaning-they're disgusting right now) https://www.airxcel.com/maxxair/products/covers/maxxair
3. Thanks for that tip -I'll look up some videos first so I know what I'm looking for, then I'll check it out in detail next week-end now that I have an idea of what to look for !
Cheers ! Grateful for the advice
Old 06-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
In addition to Trekwood, etrailer.com has a lot of good RV parts and accessories. I’ve also had good luck finding parts on Amazon and Walmart.com.

Congratulations on your new trailer!
LoganX - awesome-I'll check out etrailer.com (hadn't found that site on my own yet)... I checked amazon but not walmart ! Thanks...

I'm excited about the new (old) trailer... but lost to be honest. Thanks for your help/response.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:55 AM   #6
terrythetech

Here is a link to a video to help you get it done.
Ray has ton's of excellent videos on how -to's with a Keystone.
Check it out...
terrythetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 AM   #7
May

@TERRYTHETECH ! Thank you ! This is awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrythetech View Post
Here is a link to a video to help you get it done.
Ray has ton's of excellent videos on how -to's with a Keystone.
Check it out...

Tags
keystone, springdale